A Lasting Night: Midnight Monsters Come Back To Haunt Me

   Something invisible was breathing in the corner. Terror and uneasiness strangled my already nauseous stomach. I knew exactly what it was, creeping upon me. My all-time enemy. It was coming closer and closer, each tick of the non-existing clock chilled my bones. Closer and closer...

   It was here.

                                                                                              *

   My scream echoed in my head but in reality, I'd only made a light squeak. I sat up quickly to find myself alone in the frighteningly empty dorm.

   "Aaron?" my question remained unanswered.

   If I had been less preoccupied with wondering where Aaron had gone, maybe I would have realized the intruder's presence. The room rang in dim silence. It was too quiet... Thump. The sound was almost inaudible, a normal human wouldn't be able to hear it. But I wasn't a normal human.

   I turned around to look at the head board. Before going unconscious, I saw a pair of long, glowing arms which wrapped around my body and pulled me through the solid wood.

                                                                                              *

   "Ahhhhhhhhhh~" distant pleas and screams resonated inside the building and ended off with pitiful gurgles. My mind felt fuzzy like I had a heavy hangover, but I instantly came awake. The room was pure white and reminded me of home until I smelled the horrifying, overbearing stench of death.

   I was lying on a cool, solid-metal, slab-like, operating table. I felt almost perfectly fine by now...Until I tried to get up and saw and felt the steel cuffs wrapping around my ankles, wrists, and neck. I was trapped. At the left side of my head there lay a small table which held up a platter of knives and torture weapons that looked oddly familiar.  A handheld instrument that I identified as the medieval torture device nicknamed: "The Fork" laid right beside an abnormally large butchers' knife.

   "Welcome back, Zero," a slightly familiar, husky voice whispered from behind me. My blood stilled and I involuntarily began to sweat. Zero...Nobody could have figured out my real name...

   "Who are you?" I tried to whip my head, bending it slightly upward.

   "Come now, Zero," I shuddered as the terrifyingly beautiful man came into view. "Do you really not recognize me?"

   His shocking, silver hair was swept roughly over his sharp, violet eyes. He had a lanky, slightly muscular build with shining white skin. My brain calculated his every move and motion intensely and I came up with a few conclusions: firstly, his muscles were not just for show, secondly, by his body mass, he was probably a young man in his early 20s, and thirdly, he had a total of 3% body fat...The rest was pure muscle.  I could consider myself dead and gone in a fight against him, but of course I was proud to say that Aaron would beat him hands down with his eyes closed.

   But that was the problem: Where exactly had Aaron gone?

   "This will not hurt a bit," the devious and subtle change in his eyes as he approached where I lay alarmed me to the point of panic. "Stay still or..."

   That's when I saw the huge, heavy-looking container that he held as easily as a pencil. Strange, dull-purple liquid was contained in the booster-shot looking doctor's equipment.