In for it

I clock out once Lucas gave me a once over. I thanked Sebastian for his stupidity and now I'm in Joshua's car as he volunteered to drive me to Liam's pack house. My car will sit in the garage until morning. "You feel it to?" Joshuas quiet voice breaks the silence. I look at him knowing exactly what he's talking about. "Yes, I do. Hes up to something I can feel it." I say leaning my head against the seat. Josh hums in agreement.

Shortly after our conversation we were rolling up to the pack gates, they open letting us in. I say bye to Josh giving him a peck on the cheek. "See you Monday."I say closing the car door.

Once I'm inside the pack house I'm surprised by all the sweet smells and busy bodies. I watch as maids quickly set up tables with chairs. I spot a few pack members dressed up elegantly. I see Liam's beta talking to another pack member. I make my way over to get answers. I tap him on the shoulder, he turns to me confusion on his face until he looks down. He smiles down at me, "Hello Lila. What do you need?" he asks. I look around once more before speaking, "What's going on?" I ask slightly embarrassed that I just walked in looking like a train wreck. "Oh? Liam didn't tell you? Siege pack is coming to visit. Our pack and theirs have a treaty and we hold a ball so the Alphas can talk." my mouth forms and 'o'. I thank him and head to Liam's room to find something decent to wear.

I dry my hair looking at myself in the mirror. The scar on my chest catches my attention, I glide my fingers over it. Its an indent in my skin, a deep memory in my mind. Wrapping myself in a fluffy towel I walk into the bedroom to find a box on the bed that wasn't there before. I look around the room before cautiously opening it. The contents of the box were a pretty navy-blue mid thigh dress, a pair of diamond earing and a thin chain silver necklace with a small diamond hanging off of it. To my left is another box, this contains a pair of silver strappy heels. I put on the dress and the accessories. I don't remember the last time I was dressed up. I admire myself in the mirror after applying light makeup. I put on a lacy garter belt, it was cute with its black deign and gun holster. While looking at myself in the body mirror I watched as a pair of warm hands wrapped around my waist. Liam sat his heading the crook of my shoulder smiling at me through the mirror. "You look stunning." he says while kissing my shoulder. He was dressed in a black tux with a black button up underneath. His hair was gelled back accentuating his cheek bones. I felt a pull in my chest as I studied him, why couldn't it be like this? His stunning sea green orbs looked deep in mine as I looked up at him. I could feel myself floating in them as the storm raged. I stroked his face before bringing my lips to his lightly then pulling away.

Liam and I made our way down to the ball. Tightening around my lungs I could feel nervousness start to build up in my chest. Liam looked down at me squeezing my hand, "It'll be ok its just us and another pack. No one is going to hurt you" he whispered to me. I tore my gaze from his looking straight ahead. I would be ok. But then again anything could happen.