Day In, Day Out

Lila pov

48 hours. In those hours I've been in and out of an interrogation room.

I've been yelled at by Lucas so many times now that I've got a head ache from hell. I knew that what I had done was going to get me in a fuck tone of trouble. But as I sat here now and listen to Lucas yell at me, it wasn't worth it.

"TELL ME PAYNE!" he slammed his hands on the table between us, the table bent under the force. Werewolves am I right?

His eyes were gold now as he stared at me. He's angry at me and he has every right to be for what I've done. I inhale sharply and then let it out slowly, "Lucas, I don't want to lose my job. I know what I did was wrong and dirty. But YOU can't get angry at me for protecting him." Lucas has moved so close to me now I can see the flecks in his eyes.

"YOU had one job Lila! One god damned JOB. And you protected a Specialized Killer! For what?!" anger flares up in me, "tu sais très bien pourquoi, Lucas!" I shout at him. I cover my mouth. I haven't spoken French in a long time. Not after what happened. He backs away from me a frown on his face. It surprised me when he spoke. "You're right Lila. Listen to me. This is your only chance at giving me information. You're one hell of an Enforcer and the system can't afford to lose you. So please just tell me what you know." I look up at him. Nicolas may be my mate but I can't lose all I've worked for because of him
( you know damn well why Lucas)

I walk out of the station dressed in uniform and the necessary equipment on me. Lucas rounds up the Were-Unit as I explain to Joshua what the plan is.

We get into our vehicles and head to Nox.

I walk in with Lucas by my side, Nox was closed for the night do to a busted pipe. We had walked to Dante's office; I was about to knock when the door opened. Dante greeted us with a displeased look on his face.

"Hello Enforcer Payne," he looked at me then to Lucas, "Chief Jones." his voice is cold.

We step into his office waiting for him to turn back to us. "What do I owe this visit?" he asks us clasping his hands.

He leans against his desk looking at Lucas, his expression wasn't pleasant. "You know why we are here Mr. Blane. Where is your brother Nicolas?" Lucas spoke way before I could even get a word in.

Dante bites at his thumb nail studying Lucas with his dark eyes. He flashes his fangs causing Lucas to put his hands on his gun. "I'm only playing with you Lucas. No need to be hostile." his tone is cheery now and its odd. His moods went from thunder to rainbows and it was disturbing to say the least. A shiver ran through me as he smiled. What is wrong with him?

"You know? I don't like dogs who are disobedient. So, I'm going to tell you this once more, and you're going to listen." Dante's eyes turn into slits quite literally as he moves from his position on his desk to right in front of Lucas. "You and your pack of dogs need to get off my property before I make a very irrational decision." they stand eyes to eye.

Dante looks down at me with a smile, "I'm not calling you a dog Lila. I'm quite fond of you and you know that. So please take your team and get out." he strokes my face softly before returning to his desk.

Huffing Lucas walks out of the room with me right behind him.

Dante clears his throat; I turn to look at him he crooks his finger asking me to come over. "Lucas ill be out in a minute." I whisper to him, he looks at me and nods. I stand in front of Dante waiting for him to speak.

He invades my bubble as he grabs ahold of my face gently moving my head to the side so he can whisper into my ear. "He sure as hell wont be happy about your betrayal." I flinch at his tone. "My job is more important than him Dante. I'm not losing it over a Killer." I speak coldly.

I back away from him as he plants a kiss on my cheek. "You have odd morals Lila. Oh, and before you go, make sure you keep that pendant that's tucked snuggly between your breasts close. You'll be needing it." and with that he walks out of his office leaving me standing there with four words racing through my head. 'You'll be needing it.'

I felt sick once my feet hit the pavement of the parking lot. I walked over to Lucas leaned against his car and Joshua talking to him.

I winced at the sudden pain in my chest, Lucas looked at me his eyes full of concern. "Im fine." he took one look at my face and knew I was lying but he didn't say anything.

I reached into my car pulling out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. Grabbing a single one I put the box back into the dashboard. The first drag was the best, for me anyway.

I crossed my arms over my chest letting the cigarette rest between my finger, "I know how we can find Nicolas. I need to make a stop." Joshua looked a the cigarette in my hand disgusted. "Lila you know those will kill you one day..right?" his voice was that of a concerned friend.

I looked at the cancer stick taking one more drag before flicking it to the ground. "I don't do it often Josh. It wont be killing me any faster than this job." I looked over at Lucas before getting into my car.