Rookie

"Holy fucking shit! Turn off that damn phone!"I groan rolling over on my side. I squint searching for the horrid ringing noise. I reach for the only phone in the room which is Liams. I look at the caller ID almost dropping the phone, 'Judy B Jones' it read with a picture of Lucas. I look around the room before groaning into the mic, "This better be good Jones." I hear a door shut before he answers, "I was calling you but then I remembered you need a new cell. So, I called Liams phone hoping you'd answer." he sounded fed up with the day already.

I rolled on my back looking at Liams side of the bed. Where was he? I covered my eyes with my arm. "Ok? So why did you call me?" I say. It takes him a moment to answer, "You were supposed to be here an hour ago." he said as if this was something I was supposed to know. "You asshole! How was I supposed to know!" I loudly state. I can practically hear the eye roll, "Joshua was supposed to tell you. Anyway, ill take care of that issue just be here in an hour. We have a someone new coming in today that I need you to show around. Ok?" the line went dead before I could protest.

I slammed the phone down on the mattress groaning. I still had my eyes closed when something landed on top of me. I went to scream but warm lips captured mine silencing me. "You fucking scared me!" I say hitting Liam with a pillow. He laughs rolling off of me pulling me into his arms. "I'm sorry." he says sincerely. I plant a kiss on his nose as I lean up locking eyes with him, "Where were you? I didnt even hear you come in." he boops me on the nose smiling, "I was in the bathroom taking a shower. I thought if I was quiet enough, I could scare you and it worked." he was such a child. I pull away from him rolling off the bed. His comforting warmth no longer wrapped around me. A low whistle comes from behind me, I look over my shoulder to see a sparkle in his eyes. Dammit, I guess a few more minutes couldnt hurt. I jump on top of Liam connecting our lips.

30 minutes later I'm walking into the Precinct with a smile on my face. After my little make out sesh with Liam I hopped into the shower and he brought me my extra uniform. He told me he would be a few hours late coming home do to pack business, but to make myself at home as if I wasnt already.

I greet a few people on my way to Lucas office, a few of them weirded out by my friendly gesture. I'm caught off guard as I walk into Lucas office locking eyes with a male with blue eyes and dark blond hair. His scent hits me I instantly have my gun raised. His eyes go wide and he stands with his hands up, "Whoa, chill!" He panics. I take a threatening step towards him; he backs up instinctively. "What is a Vampire doing in a place like this?" I say through clenched teeth. He looks almost offended as he pots his hands down.

He no longer looks scared as a smirk covers his lips. "Not all Vamps are bad Ms. Payne." he cockily says. My tough guy act slightly falters at my name. At this point I really shouldnt be surprised. Before I can kick this guys ass Lucas and Josh come in saving him. "Put the gun down Lila. Hes no threat." he says nonchalantly. I raise a brow holstering my weapon. I keep my eyes on the male, he seems all kinds of odd. I stand in between the two chairs that sit in front of Lucas desk. Josh and the vamp sit on those chairs waiting for Lucas to get settled in.

Lucas pulls out a manila folder form a stack on his desk handing it to me. I take it opening it, I send a quick glance to my left, his name is Sebastian Trent. Hes 25 years old. He stands at 511.

His species: Vampire 3rd generation.

His weapon choice: Knife.

I grin at that, maybe he wont be so bad. I close the folder setting it on Lucas desk. "So, you want me to show him around?" I was a bit annoyed. Lucas pinched the bridge of his nose in irritation, "Yes. Now please just do it." he sighed. Walking to the door I click my tongue, Sebastian stands up thanking Lucas for the opportunity to work in our unit. I sigh leaning against the door frame. Joshua looks to me with an uneasy smile. He can sense it to, the vibe that this Vamp is giving off. "I would like to get this over with. If you dont mind Rookie." he looks to Lucas one more time before following me out the door.