Saved by the Rookie

The Rookie and I take a walk around the Precinct, I show him the breakroom, the file room, and a few other important rooms. Like the simulation room we have and we're we keep our 'secret serum'. I take him to get his tactical belt and his uniform before we head out to the shooting range in the back. This is where the real fun starts.

In one swift movement I have Sebastian at gun point, the muzzle is pressed firmly against his forehead. He looks shocked for a moment, but all his shock turned into movement. He grabbed my wrist twisting into am uncomfortable position. My gun falls to the floor and he kicks it out of reach. I lock eyes with him just as he pulls me against him. His grip on my wrist is tight as he pulls it up behind his shoulder. A confident blade rests against my throat. "Nice try Captain but I'm faster." he whispers into my ear. I almost laugh at his cockiness. Ill give him that, he quite good from what I've seen so far. "You may be faster but I'm smarter." I say as I pull his taser from his tactical belt. He drops to his knees as I release a few volts through his body. He looks up at me wincing, "Touché Captain."I pull him up to his feet.

We spend a few hours shooting targets. My work phone starts to ring, looking at the ID I quickly answer, "Chief Jones?" even though I was being unprofessional earlier, I was on the clock now and he was still my boss. "There is a high-speed chase down in West Avenue. Two males have been seen dragging an unconscious female into a car. I'm already in my car, bring Trent we need all the help we can get." he hangs up the phone. I whistle for Sebastian as I quickly reload my gun.

"I need you to listen very carefully." I say to Sebastian. He nods, "Once we have them cornered, I need you to stay in this car. Got it? I dont have time to right up a dead officer." He looks out the window as if pondering whether he should just jump out of the moving vehicle. He never gave me an actual answer. Lucas voice comes over the radio telling us that theyve got the two men cornered down in the East ally just of West Avenue. I press down on the gas as soon as its clear to pass the cars in front of me.

I quickly get out of the car; I glance at Sebastian one more time, the bored expression on his face amusing. I grab my gun pointing it to the ground as soon as I'm behind Lucas. He looks down at me, "they wont listen to us. They might listen to you; they are both Vampires so they should be able to hear you from here." he says looking back at the men. Both are brown haired with dark facial features. One of them hold the barley conscious young girl against his body with a knife at her throat. The other one who I assume as the alpha male of the pair is yelling at our squad to back away or else, he will harm the young girl.

Anger bubbles in me at the sight of tears on her pale cheeks. I take slow steps forward, "Damnit Lila what the hell are you doing? Get back here!" Lucas harshly whispers. I ignore him sheathing my gun. I raise my hands as the alpha male points his gun at me, I can see the slight shake of his hands. "My name is Lila Payne; I just want to talk."my tone is comforting as I speak. "Don't do it Dale!" the male with the girl says. I look at Dale his attention drawn back to the girl. "You can trust me." I say quietly. His eyes meet mine, the fear in his visible. I make it about a foot away from him before he drops the gun from me. "I just want the girl. None of them behind me will hurt you as long as you comply." I say putting my hands out for him to hand me his weapon. A bead of sweat rolls down my spine. I could end up injured at this rate if he chooses to go ballistic.

I hear the click of multiple guns causing panic to run through my body. Dale raises the gun pointing it at me. I hear the bullet slide into the chamber, my eyes close shut. The gun goes off but the bullet doesn't hit me, instead my body is slammed into. Pain shoots up my left arm as I land on the pavement a few feet away. I open my eyes to see Sebastian standing in my spot, his gun is raised smoke rolling off the muzzle. I spot Dale on the ground a bullet in-between his eyes. "Lila!" my gaze turns to Lucas whos running to me. "The girl? Is she ok?" I say panicked. I try looking for her but Lucas is in my way. He grabs me by my shoulders trying to calm me down, "She's fine, the other guy ran off leaving her with us." he says. I sigh resting my forehead against his shoulders.

I hear footsteps approaching us, looking up I see Sebastian. Blood coats his white undershirt. Shit. "Damnit, I thought I told you to stay in the car!" I hiss as Lucas pulls me up from the ground. "If it wasnt for me you would have a bullet in you." he smugly said. "that's enough of that. Lets get back to the station so we can get you both patched up." Lucas spoke briefly before dragging me to his car. He tells Sebastian to drive mine as we head back.