Nightshade(1)

As sunrise broke the horizon, we headed out in search of them again we began where we left off the day before, the sun was high and bright and you could see for miles.

Three other people and I head over the hill where we assume they would have went, I started to see thing that didn't look normal. The bark was pulled off fifteen or twenty trees. They were covered in a dark colored liquid. I had one of the guys take a rag and wipe some of it off. Its blood they said.  My heart started to beat faster and faster as I looked from side to side wondering if they were still here. Not likely.

The ground was disturbed it could not have been an animal it was too consistent. I walked toward it and there was a hole in the ground, I crouch down running my gloved hand against the soil. Bringing my hand to my nose the putrid smell of death causes me to gag. I wipe my hands on my pants. "You guys over here!" I yell at my team. Joshua comes over his dark eyes studying the ground. "Do you think they have a rogue wolf with them?" he asks me. I shrug my shoulder unsure. "Is so then they may be harder to find." I say patting him on the back.

When  my shift ends I clock out and head to the local witch outside of town. I pull into her driveway the gravel crunching under my tiers.

As I turn off my car 3 big black dogs come running at me. I hop back into my car. As soon as the dogs hit the car door an old lady who looks to be in her mid 60s with a 12-gauge automatic stepped out on the porch.

She called the big black dogs back I told her who I was and what I wanted "I know who you are and why you're here, what do you want from me," she said. I stepped out of my matte black Camaro as I walked toward the porch, she invited me in for a drink. We stepped into her home it smelled like ground coffee and fresh cookies were just baked. "So Ms. Payne you want to know about Nicolas Blane?" she asks me as she sits down a hot cup of tea in front of me. I nod my head. I add honey to my tea.

"He's a man of many talents. Murder, seduction, sex. He was being locked up after he brutally ripped apart a wolf that was apart of Siege pack." she says as she whispers a spell making the lights come on as night sets in. "But of course, he always seems to break free." I drink the rest of my tea. "I need to get going Jane." I say standing up. Jane gives me a hug.

"Be carful going to that club tonight. Here." how does she know my plans. 'she's a witch' my wolf grumbles. She hands me a pendant. "What is this?" I ask flipping the small silver pendent in my hand. "its to protect you from the blood suckers. I've put a spell on it so it doesn't burn your skin." she says. I thank her for the pendant and tea and head home.