Chapter |36| The Suite

Start from the beginning

Applause. Someone was watching. No-one had ever watched me dance.

I quickly spun around, clutching a hand to my chest where my heart was beating rapidly underneath. He stepped out of the shadows, revealing his beautiful face.

The face that made me want to forget about everything else and for a moment I did. Then, reality sunk and I realised that I had just danced in-front of Hardin.

I hadn't even seen myself dance, I could be terrible.

"That was amazing. I had no idea you danced." He stepped further into the room, his heavy footsteps echoing around the room.

"It wasn't really something intended for you to find out." I snapped, and then immediately wished I could have taken it back. "Sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to speak to you like that I was just...I was just a little flustered and surprised to see you there. I don't really like audiences."

He nodded, walking towards me with his hands placed behind his back. He was wearing a black suit with a maroon shirt underneath and smart dress shoes.

Not really suitable for working out.

"It's fine Arabella. Talk to me however you like, in fact I kind of like it when you tell me off. It's a real turn on." He winked, and I flushed.

Seriously, did he have to say that right not.

I cleared my throat and pulled down my shirt that had ridden up slightly.

"So what's with that, in here?" I gestured to his outfit and then room, causing him to grin.

Damn those cute dimples.

They melted me into a puddle and I found my eyes lingering on his soft full lips. They were parted, slightly moist, begging to be kissed.

"I heard the music." That snapped my right out of my lustful trance.

"Huh?"

"I wasn't planning on coming down to the gym, I was just passing by and then I heard the music. Sorry, I didn't want to creep you out. You just looked so...well beautiful." I smiled, staring down at the floor.

This man and his charming words.

"Would you like to accompany me outside for a stroll?"

"A stroll?" I giggled.

"Yes, a stroll. Don't mock me for my use of fancy words. What would you rather I say?" I contemplated for a second.

"A walk, a meander, a wander?" He rolled his eyes but a smile was still playing on his lips.

"Fine then. Will you, Miss Arabella, accompany me, Prince Hardin of Dahlia, on a stroll/ walk/ meander/ wander?" I chuckled, smiling at him slyly and then walked forward to take his arm.

"You can be such a goofball sometimes." He threw his head back in laughter.

"I don't think I've ever been called a goofball before."

"Well, you have now." I grinned.

We walked outside, passing multiple guards along the way, all whom stopped to bow and greeted us both. It felt so normal now. I guess I had gotten used to this whole royal thing.

I was starting to really fit in here.

"What do you want to talk about?" We rounded the corner and started to slowly walk along a cobble path surrounding the entire estate.

There were beautiful oak trees surrounding us and bright flowers blooming all around us, yet we only had eyes for each other.

"I don't know, I guess I just want to spend some quality time with you, where we won't be distracted by others and can just talk."