Chapter 22 - Touring

Allie’s POV:

The ride to the airport was silent. Niall was driving, and Liam and Daniela were in the backseat. Daniela’s face was buried in Liam’s chest and he was gently stroking her hair. I kept my head down, telling myself to breathe slowly, not to let Niall see me cry, and that we’d see each other again in a bit less than a month’s time.

Saying our goodbyes before we left the house had been hard enough. I had to go to the bathroom for a few minutes so that I could make sure that I had wiped away all my tears, and clear my head. I didn’t want Niall to see me like this, I didn’t want him to worry about me. He had told me himself that he needed a last image of me smiling and not crying if I wanted him to do well on the shows.

“I’ll be thinking of you all the time. During the shows, during signings, during everything. And I want you to remember that whatever picture you see, whatever you read, it doesn’t mean that I’m not missing you. I love you, Allie,” he had told me before we left the flat, engulfing me in one of his big bear hugs. I nodded, “I know. I love you too.”

“And I’ll call you whenever I can, I promise. If I don’t call you on a particular day, it’s not because I forgot you, ok? It’s because everything is so tightly packed and it takes all the energy out of me and-”

I smiled up at him and kissed him gently, “I know, Niall, I know. Don’t worry about it, ok? I totally understand, honest!”

He smiled sadly at me, “Don’t forget me?” he asked timidly. I gave a small chuckle, “You can’t ever forget your soul mate, Niall...even if for some insane reason you want to. You just can’t.”

And the last thing he told me before we got in the car and lapsed into silence: “I’m going to miss my perfect princess so much,” as he buried his face in my hair.

“We’re here, Allison,” Niall’s soft voice interrupted my thoughts. I mentally shook my head to clear it of all negative thoughts, and got out of the car with a small smile on my face. Niall handed me the car keys and the keys to our flat, “I might forget about them, and you’d have to walk it home,” he teased me weakly.

Liam’s phone rang, and after a quick chat, he told us that it was Paul, and that there was an immense number of fans at the airport, so we had to go through another way, otherwise they’d never reach the plane on time. Liam led the way, holding Daniela’s hand, and Niall put his arm around my shoulders and walked after them.

We only had a few minutes before the boys had to leave once we were inside, so I decided to make the most of it. I turned round to face Niall and looked him in the eyes, “Hey! You’re going to start your new tour, and you know you’re going to enjoy it. You can’t go to signings with a sad face, you have to go and enjoy the experience, because you owe that to the fans. And yes, we’re obviously going to miss each other, but you can’t let that affect your work. You’re better than that. So just do this for me: go join the boys at the gate, and grin whilst you’re doing this, because you love your job,” I told him seriously. And I meant every word of it, because I didn’t want my relationship with Niall affect his relationship with the fans in any way.

He smiled at me, and I used my thumb and index finger to lift his face into a grin, and he burst out laughing. I nodded, “Good boy, Niall!”

He laughed again, and I giggled with him. Harry (who had already said his goodbyes to Jeantide, and she had left for home, not wanting to see them leave), came and told him that they had to go, and I hugged him and the rest of the boys good bye, leaving Niall for last. He gave me a full kiss on the lips, “Love you, princess,” and with that, he rushed off. I went next to Daniela, who looked as if she was about to burst into tears, and squeezed her arm, “Stay strong for Liam, Danny!”