Chapter 11 - New friends call for new adventures...

Niall’s POV:

“Come on Allie hurry up already! This is so not like you to keep me waiting!” I yelled across our apartment for about the tenth time that morning. I was surprised, she was usually always done before me, just pulling on something casual, comfortable, and that made her look extra hot (which she didn’t agree with me about but anyways), left her hair all curly and messy running down her back, and pulled on a pair of wedges or heels or something.

“Well, excuse me, I’m just trying to look good for my boyfriend, you know,” she huffed, then came out wearing a bit more makeup than usual, and a shirt that didn’t look that comfortable. She looked amazing, but she didn’t look like Allie at all. I grabbed her hand and pulled her onto my lap.

I stroked her hair; even her hair was different to what it usually was! “Why the sudden change in how your look?” I asked her softly. She looked down and didn’t say anything for a while.

“Is it because of that article you saw yesterday?” she didn’t say anything, but the she gave the smallest nod ever. I sighed, annoyed at whoever had uploaded that article, and sad that it had affected Allison so badly.

“I don’t want to go out unless you’re dressed like Allie, and not some girl you’re trying to change yourself into. Just because someone said that they don’t like your dress style doesn’t mean that you need to change it!”

“But...if we don’t leave now then we’ll keep the lads and Daniela and Jeantide waiting!” she told me.

“Well, I’ll text them right now then and tell them we’ll be late, we obviously need to talk a bit, don’t we? And don’t avoid the subject, Allie!”

She just hung her head, and worried that I had been too harsh, I texted with one hand whilst I wrapped my other hand around her small frame and cuddled her.  She snuggled into me, and I sighed in relief, at least she wasn’t mad at me.

To: Harold

We’ll be a bit late, ISSUES came up...I’ll call you and we’ll find you later...hf ;)

I got a reply a few seconds later:

From: Harold

Know wat u mean mate, u’ll make it thru it dw ;) cu soon

I smiled, and shifted my body so that I was looking at Allie...well, the top of her head, since she was still looking down at her hands. I put my finger under her chin and lifted her face up so that she was looking at me. I smiled, “Why did you take that article so seriously, Allie? You never do that! What was so bad about this one?”

“Cos it’s true,” she whispered. I was about to say something when she rushed on, “Niall, I saw pictures of myself and my style is horrible and my hair is all limp and ugly and my face isn’t pretty like most of your fans and they’re right they deserve you more than I do and-“

I didn’t know how to stop her from saying all those negative, horrible stuff about herself so I just kissed her.

“Don’t you ever say that again! You should know that’s not true Allie! Firstly, I date people depending on their personality, not on their looks. And if that’s what they’ve been saying to you then they definitely don’t deserve me! Also, your style isn’t horrible at all, you know that! It’s cute and quirky and comfortable, you loved it when I reminded you of it after your accident! You don’t have to be ‘sexy’ to have a nice style, and as a matter of fact, I think that your real style suits you more than...this!

Your hair is not ugly, it’s so nice and curly and it flows down your back so nicely! Why would you ever think that? I don’t know why you straightened it, I mean it suits you, a lot, but so does your normal look, Allie! And don’t you dare say that you’re not pretty, cos quite frankly, you’re the most beautiful girl I know, inside and out!”