Chapter 33 - Ready When You Are!

Niall’s POV:

“Hey dude, we’re closing up in a few minutes,” some Canadian guy told me. I squinted my eyes at what must’ve been the fifth beer I had ordered. I sighed and shook my head slowly, “What time is it?”

“One in the afternoon. We’re closing for a couple of hours before we open up for the night again,” he sounded slightly more frustrated now. I could tell that he wanted me out of his damn bar.

“Whatever, just gimme a can of beer?” I asked him, annoyed, as I handed him some change.

Once outside, I walked a little bit down the road, then sat down on the pavement in some shade. I was slightly less upset about the hate I had received, but the hurt was still there. My body could tolerate quite a lot of alcohol, and frankly, I probably hadn’t consumed enough to make me forget about all that had happened.

I groaned as the road in front of me swam in and out of my vision. Slowly, I pulled out my phone, realising that I should probably call one of the guys. I had left without telling anyone where I was going, they might be worried about me. Then again, none of them had called. Fumbling with the buttons, I found out that my phone had been switched off...maybe that was why none of them had called me.

As soon as I switched it on, my ringtone started playing loudly. I huffed and answered the phone, hearing Allie talk in the background.

“Oh my God guys, he answered! Niall! Niall, are you ok? Where are you?” she really sounded panicked.

“I don’t know, at some bar? What’s wrong?”

“YOU JUST LEFT WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE WHERE YOU WERE GOING AND YOU WEREN’T ANSWERING YOUR PHONE, THAT’S WHAT’S WRONG!” She screeched into her phone. I pulled my phone slightly away from my face; that would not help my headache. I was about to say something when I heard Liam calmly asking Allie for the phone, and after a bit of arguing, I guess she handed it to him because he was on the other line.

“Where are you, Nialler? We’ll pick you up, ok? And we need to talk, mate,” I heard him telling me quietly. I rolled my eyes and got up, stumbling slightly. I stopped a middle-aged woman and asked her where I was, and repeated what she told me to Liam. Then he hung up, after having me agree to waiting for him there and not moving. They were treating me like a child, and I was getting really pissed. That’s when it dawned on me how worried Allison must have been about me, and I’m guessing that once she realised that I wasn’t with any of the guys, she told them everything.

Before I knew it, Liam was honking his horn at me and motioning with his head for me to get in the car. I quickly got in, pulling on my sunglasses. We didn’t talk for a while, but then Liam decided to break the silence, “How much did you drink?”

I shrugged, “Not enough. Is Allie mad at me? Are you mad at me?”

“I think I can pretty much say that we were mostly worried, not mad. She might be a bit mad later though when she sees that you’re physically fine. She saw that you were gone and assumed the worst. I don’t think I ever saw her cry that much,” he mumbled at the end.

I cringed, hating the fact that I caused her pain. I sighed, “Sorry. I didn’t mean to cause all that trouble.”

“Yeah, next time, try talking to us instead, ok? You might find that talking helps a bit more than drinking,” he gave me a quick smile, before turning back to the road and pulling up at the hotel. I now had two choices, either run into the hotel and find Allie and the boys and apologise for what I put them through, or just linger here because I knew that what was going to take place next was not going to be pretty.