Chapter 32 - Gone Missing

*1 month later - Canada*

Allie’s POV:

I threw myself on the bed and pushed my head into a pillow, screaming into it. I had been crying for an hour straight now, the tears couldn’t seem to stop from forming in my eyes, then streaming down my face. I hadn’t felt this depressed since...I don’t even remember when I felt this bad. My mind kept replaying what had just happened that morning.

**Flashback**

 I had been woken up by someone sniffling. Turning over, I saw that the space next to me in the bed was empty. So I got up and after I got used to the bright light that was coming in from the hotel room, I saw Niall sitting down on the floor. His knees were pulled up, being held firmly by his arms, and his head was pressed into them.

I didn’t know what to think, Niall crying was something that broke my heart. I quietly sat down next to him, not saying anything for a while. I just put my arm around him and pulled him as close to me as I could. I didn’t know what to say since I had no idea about what was going on. I didn’t know if I could tell him that everything would be ok, because I didn’t know if it would be.

Once he had calmed down a bit, I stood up and pulled him up next to me. I slowly took hold of his hand and led him to the bed; the floor was cold, and him getting sick was not part of the schedule for their tour. Once we were seated on the bed, I grabbed both his hands and looked into his eyes, “Do you wanna tell me about it, Niall?” I asked him slowly, almost hesitantly. If something like this had hurt him, I wasn’t sure about what it would do to me.

He sniffed and wiped his face down with his hand. He was about to talk, but then he just shrugged and pulled his phone from his back pocket and handed it to me. I held onto one hand of his whilst I switched on his phone with the other. As soon as I unlocked it, I found myself on Niall’s twitter. He had searched ‘Niall messes up’ and then I’m guessing he read through all the tweets. Basically what had happened was the during the previous concert he had been slightly hoarse and although everything had been going well, during the last song he almost lost his voice and so had slightly messed up a piece of his solo.

I read a few of the tweets, and you could pretty much say that half of them were tweets defending Niall, saying how nobody’s perfect and everyone messes something up every once in a while, but then there were the people who had darker souls, and were tweeting about what a failure Niall was, and how he had sounded terrible the day before, and some even had the nerve to say that he didn’t belong in the band, that he was putting the band down.

I switched his phone off again and threw it on the other side of the bed, disgusted by what I had just read. Taking one look at Niall, who had his face turned towards the wall, his head leaning on it, his fists clenched and his breathing harsh and rapid, I realised that even though I knew that all those rude and hateful comments towards him were fake, and probably written by some low-life scumbags, he didn’t know that. And convincing him that he was amazing and extra talented was going to be really hard.

“I know what you’re gonna say, Allie,” he said, turning to look at me. His eyes were red and puffy from crying, and his voice was even hoarser than it was yesterday. I didn’t say anything, letting him getting it all out. Somehow, I knew that he’d need to rant before being comforted. He probably wasn’t even sure of his own opinion about this yet.

“You’re gonna say that – that they’re just jealous. That it’s not true, what they said, that they’re lying. That my voice is good, and that I’m talented. You’re gonna tell me to ignore it all, cos I deserve better,” he said, softly. Then he looked up at me, his eyes full of pain and anger, “Well, you know what?” he said, slightly louder this time.