Chapter 3 - Starting All Over

Ok so this is where the story actually starts getting a bit interesting. Hopefully Chapter 4 will be better :)

Chapter 3 – Starting All Over

Darkness. Screaming. Shouting. Burning. Pain.

Nightmares. That was pretty much all I was experiencing for the last...well...I don’t know how many days! I was in a bright, white room, but I didn’t know how I knew that. I hadn’t opened my eyes yet. I’ve tried to, I really have, to get away from all the nightmares. Actually, it was one nightmare, and it kept repeating itself, like a film on replay. There I was, in the car, singing along to some song. Then, I bend down, I don’t know why. And the whole world moves around me. The car’s on fire, and I’m burning. Then everything goes black. And then the whole dream repeats itself again.

I try to open my eyes again. They’re so heavy, they feel like lead. But this time, I manage. My eyelids flutter open, and I see my mother. She bends over me, crying her eyes out. I don’t know what’s happening though, or where I am. I don’t really know who I am.

“You’re back! You’re back, Allison! It’s ok love, mummy’s here. Mummy’s got you,” She repeats those last two sentences over and over. I ask her where I am, and she tells me I’m at the hospital...woah...the hospital?!

She tells me how we’ve been in a car crash. We were the only two survivors...she said the only two...there must’ve been another person in the car then too. I rack my brain...MY DAD!!!

“MUMMY, WHERE’S DAD???” I shout out with all my might, which wasn’t a lot actually. Then I break down in tears, realising that that night in the car crash, that was the last time I would ever see my dad again.

The doctor comes in, he checks me over, my blood pressure, my temperature. He explains the damage, how I hit my head really hard on the floor, how I hit a nerve or something. Apparently, I can remember some things, but most of my childhood memories are gone. That’s a shame.

“There’s Niall outside, he’s been there for the past three days, ever since you came into the hospital. I’ll send him in,” my mother told me. Niall...Who the heck is Niall???

My question was immediately answered, a blonde haired guy walked in. His eyes were a sparkly blue, and he had braces on his teeth. He smiled at me, which left me confused, why would a stranger smile at me? He sat down on the side of my bed, and I scooted to the side to make space for him. If mum let him in, he must be a friend of mine or something. And she had said that he had waited outside for 3 whole days!

“How are you doing Allie?” he asked softly. Allie; that’s my nickname, how come he knew that?

“Not bad,” I reply shyly. Then he gave me this sad look.

“You don’t remember me do you? The doctor warned me about that. What do you remember?”

I racked my brain. “I know that I did have a friend I spent tons of time with...we were really close,” I looked him in the eyes, “Was that you?”

He smiled and nodded sadly.

“Tell me about what we did, Niall. I want to remember!”

So he told me about a bunch of silly stuff we did. And he told me how we had always told each other that we’ll never forget any of that, we’ll always remember. A tear slid down my face. We had promised each other that, and my memory had been wiped clean by a dumbass who decided to go drink and then flippin drive his car like a maniac and crash into us, killing my dad, making me forget loads of things, and breaking my mum’s arm in the process.