Chapter 34 - One Year

June 21st

Allie’s POV:

Feeling someone poking me in my stomach gently, I rolled over. I didn’t want to wake up just yet.

“Allie? Come on, wake up!” Niall whispered in my ears. I swatted him away, “Five more minutes!”

I heard him groaning, “Come on, Allie! Wake up!” he laughed, tickling me. I shot up immediately and pushed him off me. Well, tried to push him off me. I didn’t actually manage. I opened my eyes slowly, waiting for them to adjust to the light. When my vision cleared, I saw Niall on top of me, a wide grin spreading across his face.

“What are you so happy about?” I grumbled, trying once again to push him off me.

His grin stretched even further, if that was possible, “Do you know what day today is?”

“Yes, it’s the first day of your week off. Now get off me, Niall!”

“Yes...but it’s also something else. It’s June 21st Allie!”

That woke me up immediately as realisation dawned on me. I had completely lost track of time on this tour, “Really? Oh my God, really?!” I yelled happily. Niall got up, pulling me with him as he gave me a big hug, “Mhm. Happy one year anniversary!”

I started grinning too, then cupped Niall’s face in my hands and gave him a long kiss. His eyes were shining with excitement, “I can’t believe that we’ve been together for a year now! Come on, go get dressed, I’m taking you out!”

I nodded and went to find some clothes, preferably new ones that I had bought about a week ago. When I was done, I turned around to find Niall handing me a bunch of roses with a small package tied to them. I raised my eyebrows and smiled, “Awww, you didn’t have to!”

And I meant it, I would’ve been just as happy chilling with him in our hotel room watching a couple of movies. He winked and placed the roses in my arms, “Course I had to. What kind of douche doesn’t give his girlfriend flowers and a present on their first anniversary?”

I placed the roses on the coffee table and untied the small gift. Niall came behind me and wrapped his arms around me, placing his chin on my shoulder. I unwrapped the baby pink tissue paper slowly, finding a necklace inside. I gasped when I realised what it was – a dainty infinity sign covered with little sparkling diamonds.

“Together forever, yeah?” Niall told me softly. I turned round quickly and kissed him, my hands going up to his hair and gently combing through it. He cheekily put his hands in my back pockets. I pulled back, “You always go over the top don’t you? Mine isn’t half as nice as yours,” I told him sadly. He kissed my nose, “I’m sure I’ll love it. So you like it?”

I nodded eagerly, “I love it, put it on for me?” I asked him as I handed it to him and turned around again, pulling my hair up. Once he was done, I went near our bed and slid my hand under the mattress, pulling out his gift. He raised his eyebrows at me, “Out of all places, you hid it under the mattress?” he teased me.

“I wanted to make sure that you wouldn’t find it!” I protested, handing it to him. He quickly unwrapped it, tearing the wrapping paper in his eagerness to see what it was. I had gotten him two pictures of us, framed, with the words ‘I love you’ engraved on the top part of the frame. The pictures were taken on the same day, one was of me on his back, and both of us were laughing at the camera. The second one – I honestly have no idea who had taken this one, but I was really glad they had – was of us, just seconds before we kissed, smiling gently at each other.

“It’s sort of a cheesy gift, I know, but I honestly had no idea what to get you, and I figured it would be a great memory to keep-” I started, but Niall pulled me into a hug, still holding onto the framed pictures.