Chapter 14 - A Perfect Birthday

Allie’s POV:

Something pulls me out of my dream; a slight vibration under my head. Confused, I blink my eyes open, and remember that unlike my dream, I’m not stranded in a cave but I’m in bed with Niall. I smile, then realise that the vibrating continues. I mentally slap myself as I realise that it’s my phone under my pillow. I had put it on silent so that it wouldn’t wake Nialler up; today had to be perfect for him, it was his birthday!

I switched the alarm off and silently got out of bed. I arranged my messy just-got-out-of-bed hair, washed my face, and went to prepare some pancakes. As silently as I could, I prepared them in Niall’s favourite way: spread with Nutella, crushed biscuits, and pieces of banana. I smiled the whole way through, thinking what a fabulous day it was going to be.

I poured two glasses of orange juice, then made two mugs of hot chocolate, put everything on a tray, and slowly made it into our bedroom. I placed the tray on my bedside table, then smiled over at Niall, who was still breathing deeply as he slept, his hand casually thrown over my pillow, probably because even in his sleep he was used to holding me.

I quietly got into our bed and started stroking his hair gently. I wanted to wake him up as gently as I could. Eventually, he wiggled his nose in the most adorable way ever and blinked open his eyes. Confused as to why I had woken him up on a Saturday – I usually let him sleep in whilst I went shopping for groceries or clothes – he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. I leaned over and kissed his cheek, “Happy birthday Nialler,” I whispered into his ear.

He grinned, realising why I had woken him up, and as he sat up in bed, he leaned over and grabbed me. Hugging me tight, he told me, “Best way to wake up on my birthday, y’know,” in his deep morning voice. I giggled and kissed him, then pulled back quickly, “Don’t you want your breakfast?” I asked, raising an eyebrow and winking at him.

He hugged me, “I’ll get dressed in a sec, just let me cuddle you first!” I fake gasped, “Oh. My. God! Is Niall Horan actually cuddling me in preference of eating food?” I put my hand over my mouth in disbelief.

He laughed loudly, and nodded, proud of himself, “Doesn’t mean I’m not starving though!”

I got the hint, but decided to tease him a bit first. I slid my hand down his bare chest slowly, and his eyes glistened as he smiled down at my hand, “You don’t have to get dressed. Breakfast’s in bed for the wonderful Mr. Horan!” I said, in a terrible French accent as I failed trying to flirt. He smirked, and I leaned over him and got the tray.

“You’re kidding right? You never let me eat in bed!!! Cos ‘I’ll ruin the bedspread’,” he said, amazed, as he quoted me. I grinned, “Well, if you ruin the bedspread today, I’ll close an eye, ok? But please be careful!” I pleaded, as I handed him his plate and put his glass of orange juice on his bedside table.

He smiled, put his right arm around me and started eating with his left hand. I snuggled into him and slowly started eating mine, and laughing at Niall’s face, which was getting browner and browner with Nutella as he ate. Eventually I turned around and cleaned his face for him, then grinned and attacked him, which was really stupid of me since he instantly overpowered me, pinned me down and kissed me harder than he had ever kissed me before.

After a while the kissing stopped, and the tickling started. I soon ended up breathless, pushing against his body as he crushed mine. Eventually I stopped trying, closed my eyes, and acted as though I had fainted. Crossing my fingers under my body, I hoped that it would actually work. He soon stopped and gently shook me. I could feel him getting panicked but I was pretty sure that if I opened my eyes now I’d get punished by being tickled even more, so I waited till he started breathing quickly with the panic as he lay me down on the bed and started getting out of bed, probably for some water or something.