Chapter 25 - The Start of a New Chapter

Allison’s POV:

I hugged Daniela tight one last time, and I gave up trying to hold the tears in. We were at the airport, about to leave for the boys’ US tour, but Daniela couldn’t join us for two weeks. She had already said goodbye to Liam, who had left the room immediately afterwards. When she came to say goodbye to me, there were already tears threatening to spill down her face.

“I’m gonna miss talking to you face to face so much! I’m practically gonna be alone for two weeks,” she said sadly, looking over to Jeantide, who was happily giggling with Harry. I smiled sadly at her, “You won’t be completely alone, you have your friends at college! And we can Skype chat, ok?”

She nodded, then pulled back when the voice on the loudspeaker said that this was the last calling for the passengers leaving on our plane. I grabbed my hand luggage and waved, walking behind the lads and Jeantide. Niall took my hand and smiled at me, and I smiled half-heartedly back. I was feeling really guilty. Both me and Jeanny got to spend time together with our boyfriends, but Daniela wouldn’t get to see him for two more weeks.

Somehow, Niall knew exactly what I was feeling, so he didn’t say anything, just squeezed my hand. Once we were on the plane, I realised that we were actually going to have to spend eight hours just sitting there. Looking around, I saw that a curtain separated the section we were in from the section pretty much all the other passengers were in; probably so that no one would actually see the boys...I guess fans could be dangerous in a plane.

Louis, Zayn, and Liam were on the seat behind us. Harry was on another seat and Jeantide had spread her body over the other two seats, and was already sleeping in his arms...I can never understand how that girl can sleep practically anywhere. Me and Niall? We were two seats in front of the others, since Louis had decided to be a child and told us that ‘if you’re gonna stay kissing then I’d rather not hear the results, thank you very much, isn’t that right, Zayn?’ to which Zayn had to content him and nod whilst giving us a what-the-hell-am-I-supposed-to-do-with-him-for-eight-hours look.

I was fidgeting nervously in my seat – this was the second time I’ve ever been in a plane, and I wasn’t that excited about it. The fact that we were going to be above the sea for most of the time didn’t help either. Also, unlike pretty much everyone else, I knew that I couldn’t sleep on a plane...I can barely even sleep in a car, let alone a plane! What the hell was I meant to do for eight hours straight...

Niall’s POV:

After talking excitedly to the boys for a while, I decided to go back to my seat next to Allie. Just as I sat down, the captain started speaking as the plane started running up and down the runway. I turned to Allie to ask her for some chewing gum, since taking off always made my ears pop, when I saw that she had turned as white as sheet.

“Allie! What’s wrong?”

She shook her head, “Nothing...I’m just...nervous, I guess,” she mumbled. I smiled and put my arm around her as I pulled her close to me, realising that this was her first long plane ride. I kissed her temple gently, “It’ll be fine. We’ve got our Irish luck, yeah?” I joked, receiving a small smile in return.

I pulled her purse onto my lap and got out the packet of gum, handing her one. Seeing her confused look, I explained, “The chewing helps prevent your ears from popping when we’re taking off.”

She nodded and popped it in her mouth, “So...what do we do for eight hours?”

“Eat, sleep, chat, and if you want, watch a film?” I suggested, “And cuddle,” I winked at her, earning a bigger smile this time. I rubbed her arm and turned around, craning my neck so that I could see Louis. I could’ve sworn I had seen him munching something a few minutes ago...