Chapter 17 - "You're beautiful, don't you dare forget that"

Niall’s POV:

I opened my eyes and sighed when I realised it was still really dark outside. My phone told me it was still one in the morning; awesome, I thought to myself, annoyed. It was approximately the fourth day I had to spend inside because ‘I was still contagious’, and quite frankly, I was going mad! All I had to do was talk to Allison (don’t get me wrong, I love her to bits, but really, when you’re stuck at home, everything starts getting boring), and occasionally chatting to the boys through Skype call.

I couldn’t even talk to them often enough because they were rehearsing for our tour! I had developed this habit of waking up in the middle of the night, mostly because I napped a lot during the afternoon since I had pretty much nothing to do. I sat up in bed, and after about five minutes of contemplating how unlucky I was in the dark, a little cough from Allie brought me back to real life, and I mentally kicked myself.

I got to spend six whole days with the most beautiful person I knew, and I was grumbling about it? Pretty soon, once we were on tour, I’d be so busy with the signing and concerts and stuff we’d barely be seeing each other at all. I shook my head, and unable to stand the silence any longer, I gently poked Allison’s face till she woke up. She turned over to face me and sighed, even she had gotten used to me waking up at night.

I just shrugged at her when she gave me a questioning look and she sat up in bed next to me. Probably feeling cold, she snuggled into me as I put my arm around her.

“You really have to stop this you know,” she said softly, still tired, “Eventually you won’t have time to nap in the afternoon and...well...I don’t know what you’ll be doing then!” She said as she smiled looking up to me. I chuckled softly, “Hopefully, once I stop napping, I’ll stop waking up at midnight.”

“Well then how about stopping the nap time as from now so that maybe I could get some sleep? I don’t know, just a thought,” she finished sarcastically, yet in a sweet way so as to let me know she wasn’t really mad at me. I shrugged and nodded.

After I talked for a while and she was just nodding absentmindedly, she just got up and put on her slippers and walked to the kitchen. Confused, I quickly got up and followed her there, jumping and tip-toeing at the same time because the floor was really cold.

“Allie? What are you doing?”

“Well, you’re obviously not going to let me sleep for a while, and I’d rather not freeze in bed, so I’m gonna make myself some nice, hot chocolate. Want some?”

I nodded, “But you could’ve just told me to shut up you know? I don’t wanna keep you from sleeping, I just...” I ended the sentence there, not wanting to tell her that if I didn’t have anyone with me I’d start getting uncomfortable.

“And then what? You’d just wake me up once you’d get bored again,” she teased me, then stopped when she saw me look down, “Hey, Niall,” she came next to me, and made me look at her, “Don’t worry about it! I know it’s hard for now, but we’ll settle down, you’ll see. Don’t worry, ok? I don’t mind,” she said with a smile. I hugged her tight, aware that although she got annoyed when I woke her up, she preferred staying up with me and making us hot chocolate than just swatting me away and going back to sleep.

Back in bed, now warmer thanks to the hot chocolate she made us, we talked some more, mostly about the tour.

“This is going to be so much fun! I mean we’ll be visiting so many countries but it’ll be ever better than the last, cos you’ll be with me! You have no idea how much I missed you on our last tour, and we rarely talked on Skype cos of the time difference! Sometimes you used to wake up at three in the morning just so that we could chat for a few minutes...best few minutes of the day though,” I squeezed her hand.