Chapter 6 - Settling In

Allison’s POV:

My phone rang, interrupting my sleep. I opened my eyes, and wondered where I was for a second, then I remembered, I’m living with Niall now! So I turned over to ask him to get it for me but he wasn’t there...weird. “Hello?” I spoke into my phone.

“Heeeeeey it’s Niall,” a bubbly voice told me, “I’m at the studio, in case you forgot. I told you before I left and you nodded and told me to ring you at 9 to wake you up, and uh, yeah that’s what I’m doing,” he told me.

“I did? I don’t remember...did I mention why I was getting up at 9, of all hours?” I asked him, irritated at myself for having to get up this early. And he told me that it was probably to start unpacking. Right, all those suitcases. This was going to be fun...not!

“I emptied some drawers and stuff this morning, so you can use the empty ones too, just in case the chest of drawers isn’t enough, I’ll figure something out,” he told me, “I’ve got to go now, it’s my turn and Zayn’s to record. I’ll be home at around 1 ok? We’ll go grab something to eat,” and I heard him smiling as he thought of food. I nodded, forgetting he couldn’t see me, “Sounds great, see you then!” I told him.

I groaned, hung up, and swung myself out of my – our – bed. After having some breakfast, brushing my teeth, and changing, I started unpacking. Shoes went first of course! I found Niall’s shoes in a box room, so I put mine there too. Then, the jewellery! I put most of them in my bedside table, in which I found a note from Nialler:

We’re gonna have some fun whilst you’re here, don’t ya worry ;)

-Nialler x

I smiled, and tucked it into the book I was reading at the moment. I’d place it somewhere safe when I had time.

I hung some dresses and clothes in the wardrobe (wow he had a lot of suits) and then folded some more into the drawers. When I was more or less done, it was noon, and I was starving, so I made myself a coffee. I didn’t want to ruin my appetite since I was going to eat with Niall. I was about to start drinking it, when my phone rang again. This time I looked at the caller ID first, and surprise, it was Niall again!

“Hey Nialler!”

“Hey Allie! So recording’s done, meaning our second album is officially finished...sorta. We have to pick the album cover and stuff but songs are all done!”

“Congrats!” I grinned.

“Yeah, so to celebrate, Harry and Zayn are taking their girlfriends – Jeantide and Amanda – out, Liam’s going some place with his bestie Daniela, and that leaves you, me, and the Tommo. You mind if he tags along?”

“I’M NOT TAGGING ALONG OK, IT’S NOT MY FAULT NO ONE LOVES ME ANYMORE,” I heard Lou shout (or scream) in the background. I laughed, “Course I don’t mind, and tell him I love him,” I teased them. This was great, yesterday I actually thought to myself that I’d like to get to know Louis better.

“See Louis Allie loves you. Ok hun see you at the flat in around 10 minutes then,” Nialler told me.

“Ok, see you then! Bye bye!” and I hung up. I changed into more, um, presentable clothes, and did my hair. I didn’t bother with makeup except for some lip gloss. I only put makeup on when I was dressed for something special, it wasn’t that I didn’t like makeup, I did! But more often than not it didn’t end up how I wanted it to be and I sort of saw it as a waste of time.

I was about to continue reading my book when I heard a key in the lock, meaning Niall had arrived.

“Hey Allie! I’m just gonna change and we’ll get going, alright?” he asked. I nodded, “Yeah sure, take your time,” I smiled.