33

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:IMPOSSIBLE

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:
IMPOSSIBLE

Jeongguk looked at Jaerin with a serious look in his face, his eyes are sharp and showed no sign of him joking, his lips are not moving and the latter honestly got scared of the look the older one is giving her.

Jaerin let out a small, ungenuine laugh,

"That's not funny, Jeongguk. Today's not the time to joke around, this is serious, what if something bad happened to my grandparents and this is a sign that someone did something bad to them?"

She said in one breathe and looked at the boy with a serious look in her face, imitating the look on the boy's face.

"Do you think I'm joking around Jaerin? What if it's really your brother? What if he gave it to you as a gift to tell you indirectly that he's back," Jeongguk sighed and leaned his back on the couch, still seated on the tiled floor of their living room.

"Excuse me, his name is YeonBin and my brother's name is Jaehyun. That's two different names," Jaerin pointed out but Jeongguk scoffed, not knowing that his bestfriend is this dumb.

"Answer me, Jae. If you're in a mission, a spy mission—"

"Again, this is not the time to joke around or talk about our video games, Jeongguk."

"Just hear me out, okay?" Jeongguk said, getting frustrated by how hard-headed the youngest is, placing both of his hands in front of her, palm down, facing the floor.

Jaerin stared at her with bored yet a little interested eyes, her dark brown orbs boring into the doe eyes of her bestfriend.

"Let's say that you're in a mission and you're a spy, someone caught you and asked for your name, again, you're a spy, a spy is someone mysterious and unknown, someone asked for your name, will you just say that you're Kim Jaerin of BTS?"

Jeongguk asked as Jaerin slowly shook her head, a frown slowly forming in her expression as everything is slowly forming in her mind, dots connecting that made a whole scenario.

"Now, that boy, that's possibly your brother, he told you that his name is YeonBin because he's smart enough to think that if he said his real name instead of some make-up name, you'll recognize him and his act will break, right? Do you get it Jae?" Jeongguk asked as the latter once again slowly nodded, finally understanding everything as the uncomfortable feeling in his heart appeared again.

"And... he asked me a favor to open the gift here when we arrived home instead of opening it right in front of him and in front of our fans because it's my soccer jersey, and only my family knows where it is, he knows I'll freak out if.. I opened it there."