21

"Jaerin, look at me."

Yoongi said as he looked at her with wide eyes, his dark orbs laced with worry and concern.

Jaerin, who's right hand is clutching her tight and aching chest, looked at the rapper slowly, her dark orbs glistening with tears and panic, her chin and lower lip is trembling as her tears continued to roll down on her cheeks.

Yoongi held her by her shoulders as he frowned when he felt her trembling body, a slight pang was felt in his heart.

"Follow me, Jae. Breathe, in and out, in and out," Yoongi gently said as the youngest looked at her and soon followed his breathings,

Her eyes closed as her breathings became steady, the tight feeling of her chest gone and air seemed to flow and enter her lungs as she let out a shaky breathe,

Her right hand fell on the grass as Yoongi smiled and pulled her into a comforting embrace,

Yoongi know so well how the youngest is feeling, the feeling of anxiety attack when something triggered your memories that left a deep scar on you.

The feeling when your heart doesn't seem to pump oxygen in your body, like something covered it, like someone is choking you that you forgot the feeling to breathe.

The pair is kneeling on the grassy field of the park, engulfed in each other's arm as they comforted each other in a way where no one knows how, in a way their hearts connected because the feeling they know too well connected their hearts and souls.

Jaerin pressed her face gently on Yoongi's chest, her arms wrapped tightly around the rapper's waist,

Yoongi is rubbing circles on her back, his chin resting on the younger girl's head as he comforted her, her cries turned into sobs, and her sobs turned into sniffs.

Jaerin loved how Yoongi smells, he smelled exactly like Jaehyun do, he smelled of vanilla, lavender, and every sweet things in the world,

Yoongi pulled away, "Are you okay?"

Jaerin nodded as she mumbled a small thank you, as they both stood up.

"What happened to you?" Yoongi's brows knitted together as he noticed the cut on her cheek, still bleeding as her tears blended with it, staining the white shirt underneath her jacket.

Jaerin shook her head and held Yoongi's hand, leading him back to the dorms but the rapper stopped him and grabbed her fist gently,

"Did you got into a fight?" Yoongi asked as he brushed the tip of his fingers slowly on her bleeding knuckles, making her hiss in pain as she retracted her hand back, pushing it into the pocket of her jacket.

The thick tension in the air made it more awkward, Jaerin isn't really close with the rapper and the same goes with Yoongi, the rapper felt something the moment he saw Jaerin.

He felt the urge to protect her as he saw her as a precious, fragile diamond that can break with the slightest touch.

She's like the little sister he wanted when he was a kid, the sister that he must protect at all cost.

"You.." Yoongi broke the silence as Jaerin sent him a glance, her blood stained cheek made Yoongi cringe as if he felt the pain with the cut.

"You mumbled a name earlier, Jaehyun is it?" Yoongi asked slowly, scared that he might trigger another memory of hers.

Jaerin's breathe hitched as she started playing with the drawstring of the jacket which turned out to be Taehyung's,

"If you—" Yoongi was cut off when Jaerin suddenly spoke, her voice monotone but Yoongi can sense the sadness in it.