31

Chapter Thirty-One:
"Braces"

Jaerin's iPhone is in her grasp as she shifted her look on the screen that shows the names of the patients to her legs which are bouncing up and down due to the mixed nervousness and anxiety that's abruptly growing inside her, butterflies erupting in her stomach.

She brought her fingers into her mouth and started biting her nails, a habit that formed.

She felt a hand slap her hand gently as she pouted, her hand lowering down to her lap, staring at the older member with wide eyes,

"Don't bite your nails,"

Jimin smiled as Jaerin nodded slowly as she opened her phone and started playing games in attempt to distract herself and kill the boredom that's creeping in her veins,

"Kim Jaerin." her name was called as she lifted her head up, the screen meeting her eyes that displayed her name in bold letters, then she shifted her look at the lady in the front desk that's holding a brown clipboard, a small yet charming smile in her lips.

"It's your turn, please head to the clinic b2." the youngest member nodded as she stood up slowly, her oversized flannel covering up her hands, giving her flannel paws.

Jaerin looked at Jimin with scared eyes, her eyes wider than what it usually is that it made her look like a puppy begging it's owner to give it food, this made Jimin chuckle as he stood up, putting his phone in the back pocket of his black jeans.

"Let's go, it'll go fast Jae. I'll be there,"

Jimin assured her as they walked to the said dental room, the latter fiddling with her sleeves while biting her lip, trying to ease out her nervousness.

Jimin slided the door open and they were greeted by the strong smell of dental toothpaste that filled their nostrils up to the brim,

Jaerin made gagging noises in her mind as she doesn't like the smell of it.

"Good day Ms. Kim. You're getting your braces today, right?" the male dentist said in a friendly manner as the said girl nodded, looking at Jimin with wide eyes as if she's telling him that she needs help.

The older male dentist chuckled as he wrote some words on the paper that's calmly lying flat on the table before he wore his mask, looping the strings on his ear, pinching it to the bridge of his nose as the two members watch every moves of his,

He adjusted the disposable glove in his hand as he ushered the girl to the reclining seat which she obeyed,

"You can sit if you want, Mr.," the dentist said, referring to Jimin which the latter nodded to and sat down across the girl who's still fiddling with her sleeves nervously, mumbling reassuring words to herself that made Jimin chuckle quietly.

The male dentist started the procedure and Jaerin's heart is thumping quickly due to the mixed nervousness and excitement that's still bubbling up inside her,

She did watched videos about the procedure so that she'll be prepared for the worse, most of the comments said that the procedure of putting on the metal brackets and the wires are painless but the outcome of it the next day will be worse.

She also doesn't know what she'll look like with the braces stuck on her teeth so she tried using filters but it made her look like a child playing with some filters that they found while scrolling in their parent's phone due to the low quality of the said filter.

"You're getting self-ligating braces so you won't need the ligature bands, alright? I'm going to put them now, it's not going to hurt I promise." the male dentist said as Jimin took out his phone to record the most important part of the day, the highlight.