01

Kim Jaerin

I rested my head on my palm as I looked at the blurry scenery outside. It's raining and the bus is moving fast, making the view outside more blurry.

The bus passed many cars, shops, and people that are walking down the road. I grabbed my tumbler from my bag as I drank water from it.

I wiped the water that escaped my mouth as I placed my tumbler back to my bag.

My shirt is drenched in sweat, I just finished performing on the streets for more money. I love it how they clap for me, when they praise me and tells me how good a singer I am, it just makes my heart melt. I love the feeling of it.

I'm living with my Grandparents and they're too old to work, and I know they can't afford my school tuition, so I perform on the streets to help them even for a bit.

I gathered my hair that reached my back as I tied it into a ponytail, I wiped my neck as it was too sweaty and uncomfortable.

I exhaled as I heard the large rain drops that falls on the roof of the bus that I'm in.

The bus came to a halt as everyone stood up and prepared their umbrellas because of the heavy rain.

Before standing up, I searched for my umbrella but unfortunately, I forgot to pack it.

I pressed my lips into a thin line as I got off the bus, rain drops falling on my head.

As if luck wasn't on my side, the rain got heavier as my vision got blurry because of the heavy raindrops. I rubbed my eyes as I removed the water that got into my eye.

I knew I'm going to be sick but I have to get home or else my grandparents will get worried.

I walked home even though I wanted to run, because my teacher said that we shouldn't run when it's raining.

I'm drenched with rain and good thing that my Grandma bought me a waterproof bag instead of a stylish bag that everyone in my class has.

There are no kids my age in our village so it's always quiet. It got a nickname of Elderly Village because the elderly are the ones who usually lives here.

The rain finally stopped but the sky is still gray in color. The weather is still gloomy.

As I was walking to our house, I heard a pair of shoes tapping on the ground. It's getting closer and closer to me so I walked a little faster. It might be the Elders who adores me because I'm the only teen in the village. They give me treats as if I was a kid.

And I was right, because the footsteps faded. I reached our house as I locked our small gate.

I wiped my shoes on the doormat in front of our wooden door to remove the mud.

I placed my old Converse shoes on the shoe rack that's placed near the door. We should place our shoes there to avoid muddy and dirty shoe marks on the house. My Grandma hates it. She's a neat freak, and scolds us whenever she sees a shoe mark even a tiny bit of it.

I went straight to my room as my wet clothes is making me uncomfortable, it's sticking to my sweaty skin, making it more uncomfortable.

I quickly took a warm shower, and changed my clothes afterwards.

I sat down on my bed as I opened my bag and placed another business card from another company that wants to cast me.

I stared at the white card, thoughts swirling on my mind. Even though I'm only 13 years old, turning 14 next month, my dreams are very realistic. I don't want to be a doctor nor an engineer.