𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

MITCHS POVI sat in the safe house, wondering when Samantha and Stan would be back

MITCHS POV
I sat in the safe house, wondering when Samantha and Stan would be back. Samantha was giving me attitude and for what? I didn't do anything to upset her, if anything it should be me whose upset. Her 'jealously' ,or whatever, was annoying. Honestly one moment with her, it's perfectly fine, then the next she's throwing a fit.

A loud bang came from behind me, turning around, I saw Kennedy and some of her men walk through the door. Immediately I got up and started walking towards her. "Where the hell are the Hurleys?" she questioned,looking around. "Look,you have to tell me what the hells going on here." I commanded. Even though I knew about Ghost, briefly, no one still told me anything .

"That's not something you need to know right now." "What are you covering up?" Irene looked at me with her eyes squinted. Seriously, I was apart of this,right? Then why is no one saying anything. "When you got a level five security clearance and at least twenty years of experience, talk to me. Until then, shut up and do your job."

I rolled my eyes, she couldn't be serious, could she?

Another door opened, revealing Annika being dragged by two men. They walked her out of the safe house. "Local PD pulled a body from the harbor an hour ago, gunshot to the chest. Iranian Intelligence Officer,Azad Ashani." One of the guys informed Irene. I turned once I heard the name. "Christ!" she sighed.

Shit, a gunshot. Which probably means something happened to Stan and Samantha. "That's the guy Hurley went to meet..." Irene snapped her head at me. "Stupid son of a bitch." "Alright so what do we do? We gotta go after them." I was eager to get going already. Who knows what's happened to them. Why are we still wasting time by standing here?

"There's a fucking nuke in play, Rapp. Thats the mission, and the only mission. This is now a joint CIA-Mossad operation, whether we like it or not. Can you get the director on the phone?" "So you're just going to write them off then, thats the plan?"

I questioned since Irene was clearly unbothered by this. Although, I was a little surprised by the hint of hurt in my voice as I spoke. Then again how could I not be upset by this.

She looked at me like she was offended by what i said. "The Hurleys are about the closest thing i've got to family. If Stan were standing here, his only question would be why are we wasting time talking about them... You're done here Rapp. You're going home, that's an order." She walked away like her words meant nothing.

She could absolutely not be serious right now. How could she just take me off this mission? She was the only one that wanted me here in the first place. 'Because i'm not experienced enough' no, fuck that shit.

Looking at the security cameras, I saw the men taking Annika into a car. I knew that if I had one shot to get Samantha back or even find her alive, it would be threw her. Immediately leaving, I grabbed my jacket and took the keys that Stan left behind. I noticed Annikas phone sat on the table, it most likely contained useful information so I picked it up before i left.

Existing the safe house, I quickly got into the car, trying not to get caught. Instantly, I took off and tried to catch up to the car with Annika Inside.

Shifting gears, I sped through the streets and soon got side to side with the other car. Turning the wheel, I collided with the black car. Making it spin uncontrollably.

Pressing my foot on the brake and stopping the car, I got out and ran up to the drivers side. Slamming the door against the man who desperately tried to get out of the crushed car, I gave him a punch to the face and threw him to the ground.

Climbing in the car, I noticed saw the keys to the handcuffs, that held Annika's hands together, in the passengers hand. He was unconscious most likely due to the chain, from Annika's handcuffs, wrapped around his neck.

Grabbing the key, I unlocked the tight metal bands. "Why are you helping me? Shouldn't you be with your little girlfriend."

I ignored her last comment and pulled out her phone from my pocket. "Your Handler, Ashani, was killed. Stan and Samantha were with him, something happened. So I need your help." She hesitated while pulling her wrist away from the handcuffs, she probably didn't believe me, but I needed to find them. "We gotta go." I gestured to her with her phone. Finally she took it from me and got out of the car.

I followed, grabbing the gun, that one of the guys had, off the road. Annika and I walked up the street to the main road. I looked around to see if I could hijack any car, but there were too many people around, anything that I did would be out of the ordinary though.

"Ashani had their people tracking Minister Behruz's secure cell phone." Annika Informed me as she looked down at her phone. "So, we find Behruz, we find the Hurleys"

the sound of sirens grew closer as they were probably heading to the crash I created. This was my opportunity to pull something, the police would be occupied. I looked up the road as a car came driving down. Once it got to about where I was, I threw myself onto the hood, making it seem like the driver just hit me. Rolling onto the ground, the man rushed out of the sports car and came to my side.

He was saying things in Italian, that I didn't quite understand, as he helped me get up. I acted as if he hurt my back, before I raced to the door and jumped in. Annika followed my lead and ran to the passengers side. Taking off as soon as I could, I saw the man throw his hands up in frustration.

Annika started giving out directions and I was swerving threw the lanes, passing up every car and almost getting into another accident. "Mitch why are you going so fast!" The girl beside me exclaimed as she braced herself by putting her hand on the dashboard. "Seriously? Stan and Samantha's lives are at stake and you expect me not to speed?"

I changed the gears as she started to spit something out, but came up with nothing. "Yeah that's what I thought. Just give me the directions."

Couple minutes went by and she didn't say anything, just telling me where to go. I guess I could at least try to start a nicer conversation. "I'm sorry about your handler." "Ashani was my uncle...i'm sure it was Minister Behruz and General Rostami who had him killed. They want nuclear war with Israel," I tried to give her my attention as she spoke, glancing at her every now and then as she continued. "We tried to stop them. My brother and father both died fighting them."

Once she informed me about her family, I couldn't help but feel some sorrow for her. Now I sort of understand why she told me 'we are more alike than I think'. Before I could give her any of my sympathy, she directed me to turn at Corviale street.

It was probably for the best that I didn't let her know I felt anything though. The more I think about it, I was starting to see why Samantha disliked Annika. Coming to a realization, that I should've realized earlier, I should've been on Samantha's side from the beginning.