𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

MITCHS POVI turned the wheel of the boat to get us as far away as possible, from land

MITCHS POV
I turned the wheel of the boat to get us as far away as possible, from land. If this bomb goes off before I can get out of a 1000 mile radius, the whole country will be dead.

Samantha stood next to me, worrying about how much time we had left on the nuke. I knew she didn't want to be here, hell, neither of us want to. She wanted to be with her father and brother, and I wasn't going to stop at nothing to try and get her back to them.

Keeping a steady hand on the steering wheel, I wrapped my arm around Sam's waist. If this was going to be our last moment together, I wanted to die next to her. She placed her arm around me, with the other one against my chest to keep her steady.

She could barley stand on her own now that she had no energy left. God, what did Ghost do to her?

The throttle was at maximum speed, but it felt like we weren't moving at all. All I could do was hope that we'd be far away from shore when the nuke goes off.

"Samantha! Sam!" I heard the girl, who stood in my embrace, name being called out. We both turned to see a helicopter flying above us. "Sam? Rapp? Can you hear me? Pick up the radio!"

It was Hurley, taking to us through the helicopters radio. I grabbed the radio that sat on the control center of the boat. "Throw the bomb overboard!" "No way, sir, I gotta get farther away from the fleet!" I yelled back at Stan.

"Rapp! For once in your life take a goddamn order...I will not let my daughter die on a boat with a nuke." He took a pause, and before I could reply back to him, he started talking to Sam. "Samantha, don't make the same mistake your mother did. Throw the bomb overboard."

I look at Samantha who was contemplating on what to do. She hesitated before releasing her arms from around me and running over to the bag with the bomb. Grabbing it, she waltzed to the side of the boat and launched it into the water.

I turned around to see a rope being dropped down from the helicopter. Stan leaned over to watch the guy bring down the rope to the boat. I left the throttle where it was and let the steering wheel go.

Running over to the rope, I noticed a hook on it. "Sam, come on!" I waved my hand for her to run to me.

Taking the rope I wrapped around my torso and tied a loop, I latched the hook to the belt loop of my jeans.

Samantha helped me with putting the rope around my body, I held the rope with one hand and held out my other for Sam. "Mitch you're not going to be able to hold me and yourself. Go! They'll send it down again when you're in the helicopter." She shook her head at me. There was no way i'd leave her here when the bomb could go off at any give second."You're stupid to think i'm going to leave you on this boat Samantha. Come on!"

I reached out to grab her waist, pulling her close, she wrapped her arms around me tightly. I kept my arm secured around her waist as the guy above us relied the rope back in.

Once we were brought up to the helicopter the man tried pulling us both in. I heard a loud snap come from above my head. Looking up, I saw the rope about to give out. It wasn't going to be able to hold us both for much longer.

"Here! Take her first!" I yelled at the man. He reached out to take her arm and she latched on to him. I watched her climb into the helicopter pit and her dad waisted no time in giving Samantha a hug.

The loss of weight didn't help with the rope though, another snap came from the strings. The man reached out his arm to grab my hand, but before I could take it, the rope broke, making me fall immediately. "Mitch!"

I had thought I had met my fate as I stopped falling. I thought I was consumed with water, but instead, I was holding on to someone's arm. Looking up, the girl who had saved myself once, had saved me again.

I let out a sigh of relief when I saw Samantha gripping my arm. The guy who had helped her get into the helicopter, took my other hand as I threw it up.

They pulled me into the pit and I threw myself down into a seat. Stan let out a huff, hopefully from seeing me and his daughter finally safe.

Samantha threw her arms around me when I sat down. "Alright go! Get out of here!" Stan yelled to the pilots. "God Mitch, we're this close to survival, you cannot die from a rope snapping." She let go of me to look me in my face. I chuckled and brought her close to me once again.

I could see Stan eyeballing us, but I didn't care. I knew the bomb was going to go off in less than ten seconds and I knew we weren't going to get far away from it when it goes off. If this helicopter goes down, i'm going to be holding Samantha through it.

Looking out the window, I saw part of the sea being sucked it, the bomb went off. Then a loud boom came and the water shot up from the hole. The impact of the bomb made the whole helicopter shake. Holding Samantha, I held a hand up to the roof to support myself. Sam grabbed on to the side and Stan did the same as I.

The bomb going off had caused us to spin and turn in the air. The alarm had started going off, meaning the helicopter was going to crash. I could feel was heading straight down into the water. My arm tightened around Sam, but just before we could come in contact with the water, the pilot got control and raised us up.

Everyone threw their head back in relief as we realized we weren't going to go down into the ocean.