𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

MITCH'S POVMy arm was still wrapped around Samantha when I had realized how tightly I kept my hold on her

MITCH'S POV
My arm was still wrapped around Samantha when I had realized how tightly I kept my hold on her. I loosened my grip, finally relaxing my body.

Something told me to keep her in my arms though, I don't know why I listened to myself since her father was right in front of us, but I didn't let go of her. Not yet.

She looked up at me with her doe like eyes and had dropped her arm that was gripping on to my bicep. Looking down at her, she gave me a small, but infectious, smile, before leaning her head into my chest.

I think we've both lost our minds now.

"Are you two love birds going to kiss or what?" I snapped back into reality when I heard Stan talking to us.

SAMANTHA'S POV
My eyes widened at my dads sudden words. I had completely zoned out when I snuggled into Mitch's arms. "Wh-what?" I questioned him, leaning out of Mitch's grasp.

"Oh please, I knew you two had a thing for each other days ago." He looked out the window. My father truly does know everything. "You're not mad, sir?" Mitch asked confusingly. Hell, even I was confused. I should be getting a lecture by now.

"My daughter is grown....she can do what she wants."

Wow. What has the world done with my father? I giggled nervously at how surprised I am right now. He couldn't be serious....could he? I mean when would he ever approve me dating? Let alone my recruit.

Dating....

MITCH'S POV
As Sam giggled, I let out a small chuckle. Never, in a million years, would I have thought to hear that from Stan Hurley. I guess I was sort of relieved though. I mean, I didn't know where this whole thing was going to go with Sam, but at least we could give it a shot now.

TIME JUMP
The helicopter had landed on top of a helipad that lied on the ground. Surrounding the helipad were a bunch of buildings, which I guess are owned by the CIA.

Stan pulled opened the doors of the helicopter and climbed out. Sam and I followed after him. When I exited the helicopter, Kennedy and her men were waiting for us.

Kennedy walked over to us as the helicopter we were once in, took off. "Stan." Kennedy nodded to him and looked at me, "Good work out there, Mitch." She turned her attention to Samantha and embraced her in her arms. "I'm happy you're okay Samantha."

Taking her arms, Sam wrapped them around Irene. "Thanks, Irene."

Irene let go of Sam and told us to follow her. She walked us to a large building that had nurses waiting for us inside. "The nurses will take care of you. You're mission is complete and you may go home. Take care guys."

With that, Kennedy walked away in her black high heels, CIA agent's following her.

I was ready to get back home. I think i've had enough of Europe for now. Although, i'm sure i'll be back here sooner or later.

Stan and Samantha had walked inside to their assigned nurses. Walking into my assigned room, there was a young lady waiting for me. She wore scrubs and a smile on her face as she leaned against a medical chair.

"Mr.Rapp, please take a seat." She motioned for me to sit down on the medical chair. Doing so, she started examining my wounds that I had gained over the past week and a half.

She started to patch me up, and by the time she was done, Samantha was leaning against the door frame waiting for me. "All done, have a safe trip home." The girl packed up her things and left the room. "Thanks Monica" Samantha smiled to her as she walked past her.

The girl that I longed to see again walked towards me, and sat on the edge of the chair I was on. "How do you feel? You ready to leave Rome?" She questioned me. "Yeah, i'm good...and yeah i'm definitely ready to leave." "Me too." she answered with one of her famous smiles.

I'd never thought I would admit this, even too myself, but Samantha Hurley had a smile to die for. Being on missions, you had to be serious...you really didn't have time to 'smile', but it was nice. Nice to smile, nice to see someone you care about smile.

"Come here." I grabbed her arm, pulling her towards and moved her to lay in between my legs.

And we laid there. We didn't say anything. We didn't have to. We just laid there, waiting for Stan to barge in and tell us our plane was ready to depart.

Or for him to barge in and yell at us. You never really know what's going to come out of that man's mouth. Could be good, could be bad.

We laid there, her in my arms, me relaxing with Sam against my body. I could tell Samantha was tense, not used to being affectionate like this. It's been awhile since i've had someone to lay next to, but for her it's different.

I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her as close as possible to my chest. "Mitch" she exclaimed with a grin on her face, placing her hands on top of mine. She was still so tense though...

I took it upon myself and softly rubbed her thigh. "Relax Samantha, i'm not going to hurt you." I whispered affectionately into her ear.

Surprisingly, that eased her up a little, and I could feel her starting to ease into my chest. Sam let out a big sigh, which hopefully had a good meaning behind it. Although, I think it did as I can tell she was more comfortable in my arms now.

We could finally just lay here in peace. No distractions, no noise. I leaned my head back, closing myself.

I cant wait to get home and a take a long, hot, shower.