𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

SAMANTHAS POVMitch and I arrived back at the safe house at around two am

SAMANTHAS POV
Mitch and I arrived back at the safe house at around two am. We got out of the van and I had noticed two other cars parked in the front. Knowing exactly who's vehicles they belonged to.

"Shit... Irene's here. My dad must've noticed we left." I said as I held the laptop in my hand and ran my other hand through my hair in distress. Mitch walked up beside me and sighed. "Well, lets get this over with."

Mitch and I walked up to the door, he held it open as we waltzed inside. Immediately my father, Irene, and her men snapped their head towards us.

"You two! Where have you been? What is this?!" My father raged at me, pointing a finger at the laptop that I held. I hesitated to answer him, I looked at Mitch to see what he was thinking. He gave me a 'what do we do?' look.

I turned my attention back to everyone who stood in the room. I sighed as I decided to tell my father the truth,there was no point in lying when Irene was here. "We went after Sharif..." "You did what?" My dad snapped again, "What the hell is wrong with you two? This was your idea wasn't it?!" Now he was screaming at Mitch. "No! It was both of our ideas dad!"

I earned a cold stare from my father. Mitch remained silent, you could tell he didn't know what he should say to make the situation better. The room fell silent, but thankfully Irene stepped up. "So I'm assuming that's Sharif's computer?" She asked, pointing to object in my arms.

"Yes, Mitch and I retrieved it." I gave her the laptop and she passed it to one of the CIAs that she brought along. My father grabbed my arm, dragging me into the room that I stayed in, Mitch following after us.

"Sit.both of you." We listened and sat on the bed. "You disobeyed a direct order." My father continued, looking at Mitch and pacing back in forth. "No,we made a decision to pursue the target, and we completed the mission. Isn't that what you wanted us to do? Isn't that our job?" Mitch questioned,he didn't understand the importance of what not following orders meant to my dad.

Not following orders means you get killed, and as much as my father didn't make it personal, he still didn't want anyone to die.

"No! Your fucking job is to do what I fucking tell you to do!" He slammed his fist against the wall of the bedroom. It made me slightly jump, I had never, truly, seen my father this upset. Although, I understood where he was coming from.

I kept my gaze in my lap, not wanting to receive my fathers wrath even though I know it would come to me next.

"And you." He pointed his finger at me, "I thought I taught you better Samantha. You know what happens when you don't follow orders! Why can't you just listen to what I tell you for once?!"

I sighed, he was right. This was the second time I failed to follow directions on this mission and I've already been shot once. All I wanted to do was get revenge for my best friends death, he deserved it. I know I shouldn't let it get personal but I deeply cared for Victor and it sucks for him not to be here.