𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

SAMANTHAS POVPanting from the shortage of breath, pieces of my dark brown hair covered my face

SAMANTHAS POV
Panting from the shortage of breath, pieces of my dark brown hair covered my face. Standing up, I looked down at the girl who searched for the edge of the bathtub. Annika breached the water, coughing, she was conscious once again.

I guess since it had been awhile, both Mitch and my father barged into the room, they must've wondered what was taking me so long.

Mitch walked into the bathroom where Annika and I still stayed. Annika looked up at Mitch, who had looked like he just saw a ghost. My father walked in after and immediately started to question everything, like he always does.

"What the hell happened in here?!" Huffing, I replied "Annika's not with the CIA"

"And how do you know that?" Mitch questioned, looking up at me as he crouched down by the bathtub, removing the drain stopper to let the water drain out. He turned his attention back to Annika who held onto him like she was dying.

Obviously she's being dramatic, she was literally unconscious for only a minute.

"Well for starters, she knows about Ghost's real name and knows that we're going after him today. Apparently you told her last night,Mitch." I raised my eyebrows at him, crossing my arms as doing so.

"Well is that true? Did you tell her last night Mitch?" My father asked, looking from me to the boy. Hesitantly, Mitch answered "Uhm,no sir." "Hmm... get her up, well call Kennedy." My dad said, by his tone you could tell he wasn't too happy with my discovery.

He left the room as my recruit started to help Annika out. Grabbing his arm and pushing her off of him, I informed Mitch that she was perfectly capable of getting out herself. Annika looked at me with rage but I could care less, there was no need for him to help.

Turning away and letting go of Mitch, I followed my dad out to the main part of the hotel room.

Mitch and Annika soon followed, the girl having a towel wrapped around her soaked body. By the time she walked out, my father was already on the phone with Irene. I stood with my arms crossed again, glaring at the sight in front of me.

Mitch, the guy that told me he wanted nothing to do with Annika, was 'comforting' her.

Why? Why did he think he needed to talk to her after what I just told them?

Soon he caught my glare and gave me a look that he was lost as to why I was mad. Rolling my eyes, "I'll be outside." I said as I made my way to the door of the room.

MITCHS POV
"Sam-" Stan called after his daughter, getting off the phone. He looked at her as she started to walk out. Sighing in annoyance,he told me to go after her. Great...now I have to deal with another pissed off Hurley.

Doing as told,I followed and met her in the hallway.

"What's up with you?" I asked after I shut the door. Her eyebrows furrowed as her lips turned into a frown. "Are you stupid? You're literally all over Annika!" "That's what this is about?" My eyebrows were now furrowed as well.

Seriously? She was upset over that? "Well, Samantha maybe if you didn't almost drown her I wouldn't have to be." Sam shook her head in disbelief. "Mitch, really, please don't argue with me about this, the bitch deserved it. She's been lying this whole time!"

I was surprised, she doesn't want me to argue?! She was the one to start this whole argument! "Sam you're the one that started this! And how are you even sure she's not working with us? Did you get evidence?"

Giving her a glare, I wasn't exactly sure why I was backing Annika up, but we had to know for sure if she wasn't apart of the CIA. After all, Samantha did like to jump to conclusions. "Of course I did! She told me you told her about Ronnie last night, but obviously that isn't true. She even insisted that you were with her."

We both stood in silence, I didn't know what to say next. Sure it wasn't true that I said anything to her, obviously.

Maybe she was right and maybe Annika wasn't really one of us. "Still... that doesn't give you a reason to throw her in a bathtub." Scoffing, Samantha threw her arms down by her sides. She began to walk away, "Mitch, why are you defending her! One minute you act as if she means nothing to you and now you're all over her! Seriously, do you like her or something"

Before she could've even finish her sentence, I knew what she was going to say. Reaching my arm out, I gripped her neck and turned her around, pinning her against the wall. Our faces almost meeting each other as I stepped up to her and looked down at her crystal blue eyes.

Her hands formed around mine that held her neck, her soft lips parted from being surprised at my action. "You know damn well that i'm not interested in her, Samantha." I said softly, almost like a whisper. Her eyes fluttered and she gulped, even I was sort of surprised with what I was doing. Sam didn't say anything back, instead her grip over my hand loosened. I let my grip fall as well and moved my hand to the back of her head, pushing her forward to almost meet my lips.

Luckily the silence in the air wasn't awkward, instead it was intense and we both felt the feeling. Sams eyes fell to my lips, she and I clearly wanted to do the same thing, but her father and Annika could walk out any second.

Just when I thought I could be wrong, they both walked out of the room,Stan turned to us as he held a firm grip on Annikas shoulder. My hand fell from Sams head and I stepped away from her before Stan could see anything happening between us.

"Hopefully you got her back into a good mood, let's go,Kennedy is going to meet us at a safe house." Looking at him as he talked, I nodded. Stan and Annika walked towards the elevator at the end of the hallway.

Before following, I looked at Samantha who didn't take her attention off of me. Leaning up to my ear and whispering, "Then start acting like it." and she walked off. I tried to let that phrase not phase me but it stuck to my ears like glue. Does she seriously think I'm not being genuine with her?

Following, we met the other two in the elevator. Annika was still shivering as water dripped off her clothes.

The elevator ride wasn't long, but nobody spoke. Once on the lobby floor, we kept our heads down as we walked to the rental car. Trying not to draw attention to ourselves, but it didn't really work. Luckily people kept to themselves instead of asking questions.

Practically running, we arrived at the car and Stan threw Annika in the front seat. I opened the door for Samantha and crawled into the back with her. Stan sped off from the hotel and we drove to where we were supposed to meet Irene.