𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

MITCH'S POVPulling up, the hotel appeared from around the corner

MITCH'S POV
Pulling up, the hotel appeared from around the corner. "That's it." Samantha pointed out.

I parked in an empty ally, somewhere only drug addicts would find the car. Grabbing my gun and tucking it into the back of my jeans, I got out the car.

Samantha and I walked through the ally, heading to the back of the hotel.

"What floor is he on?" "The 5th." "And how the hell are we supposed to get up there?" "We climb"

We walked up to a fence that guarded off the back. I quickly jumped up, grabbing the fence, and threw myself over, landing on top of some old shipping container.

Samantha pushed herself up to the top of the fence, but struggled to push herself over. "Here, I got you" I reached up, talking a hold of her waist as she grabbed on to my shoulders.

I pulled her over, helping her land on the container. How the hell is she going to climb this building?

I jumped down to the ground, taking ahold of Sam once again. We stayed against one of the buses that was parked in the parking lot, trying not to get caught by anyone.

The sudden noise of barking caught our attention, making us look back. Three dogs came from around the corner, running towards us. "Shit" I grabbed Samantha's hand and ran to the open parking lot. Luckily there were a couple cars parked in a row. I took the opportunity to jump onto the automobiles.

I saw a car that had a sunroof and ran to it. I jumped threw the sunroof, shattering the glass, and pulled Samantha in with me. I closed the cover so the dogs couldn't follow us in. As soon as I did so, one jumped on the hood while the other two at the window.

"Mitch, I have an idea." She leaned over and grabbed the floor mat from the passenger seat, wrapping it around her forearm. She got off my lap and leaned back to open one of the car's back door. "As soon as I open the door, get out, and shut it after the dogs come in."

She opened the door and called for the dogs. I got out and waited till all the dogs piled inside. Closing the back door, Samantha threw the mat off and jumped out. Slamming the door shut, the dogs barked at us. We looked up to see if Sharif, or anyone else, had noticed anything.

I didn't notice anyone around, or anyone catching us.

I looked at Sam, eyeing her up and down. "Good work." "Thanks" She breathed out, "Let's kill this son of a bitch."

I led her over to the emergency stairs that zigzagged up the hotel building. As we walked up the stairs, I would check on Samantha every now and then. Although she only thought I was asking about her leg, I was more concerned about what was going on in her head.

I mean, she did just get shot and lost her friend, and not to mention her fathering being an asshole to her. Yet, she doesn't show emotion, maybe that's how Stan taught her to be? "You okay Sam?" "Mitch that's the third time you asked me this in the span of three minutes, why wouldn't I be?" "Well...Victor is dead." She shook her head. "I don't let it get personal Mitch. Hey, I thought you were only worried about my leg?"

I shrugged back at her, which was the only response I could think of.

We made our way up the rest of the building, I helped her up to the window. She looked in and saw a woman walking away from it, I guess maybe she had suspected something. "This is our only chance, don't fuck it up." "Got it."

She opened the window slowly and quietly jumped into the hotel room. I followed suit, and just as I thought I had it, I accidentally hit the ground too hard, making a sound.

Sharif's mistress turned around and screamed in terror. Sharif and his men had noticed us immediately after, and Sharif ran to his bedroom. Samantha and I pulled out our guns, and two men immediately started firing at us. I ducked as I got shot at and ran to the kitchen, jumping over the island counter. I hid behind it as one of the guys reloaded his gun and walked over to me.

SAMANTHA'S POV
Mitch ran behind the counter as I fired my gun at one of the guys. The gun ran out of bullets quickly, as I went to reload, I suddenly got slammed into the wall.

The man had his forearm pressed against my throat, I tried to pushed him off me but he was  much stronger than me.

Kneeing him in the groin and he stumbled back a little, causing me to gain a small advantage. I punched him in the jaw and kneed his stomach as he lost his balance once again.

Mitch was fighting off the other guy as I pulled the guy into a headlock. Grabbing a piece of glass from one of the mirrors Mitch ran into and broke, I took the glass and slightly loosened my grip. Piercing the glass through his neck, I stabbed him in a crucial pressure point, making him die immediately.

I looked to see Mitch if needed help, but he had also killed the other guy. Without any hesitation or even looking at me, he grabbed his gun from the floor and walked towards the bedroom. Kicking the bedroom doors open, he held his gun at Sharif.

Sharif fell back on the bed and looked at Rapp. "No please. Please don't." Mitch looked at him for a minute, as he continued to beg, but I could tell he only had one thing on his mind. Of course I did too, like I said the dick deserved to die.

Mitch shot him in the chest.

I ran in and grabbed his laptop. "Let's go." I grabbed his hand and ran back towards the window. We hopped out carefully and practically ran back down to the car. We got in and Mitch started to drive back to the safe house.

The car ride was quite to say the least. I held on to the laptop tightly, like somehow my life depended on it, or maybe because I was starting to feel sharp pain coming from my leg.

I guess the adrenaline finally wore out.

We pulled up to a red light and Mitch looked at me. I noticed his gaze and looked at him "What's wrong?" "That should be my question to you... you are holding on to that laptop a little tightly."

I loosened my grip and shifting in my seat to try to reduce the pain. Mitch turned his head back to the stop light.

"You did good back there." "Good?" I snapped at him. Please, I know I did more than 'good'. "Okay, okay, you did more that just good." "Hmm that what I thought."

He gave a small smirk. "Thanks." "For what?" "For letting me go and kill this 'scumbag'." I noticed that he called Sharif what I had nicknamed him when I saw his file. "Don't thank me. I would've done it either way." He nodded, and turned to me once again. "Yeah you probably would've." Mitch let out a small chuckle.

I noticed his chuckle at the end of his sentence, I had to admit it was cute. He had a nice smile to compliment it too. "...You know,I've never seen you smile." "I haven't smiled in two years." "Wow...how come I have the ability to make you do so?"

He shrugged, still staring me down. "I guess you have a good effect on me." We were silent for a few minutes, just looking into each other's eyes. It was weird staring into my recruits eyes,they're so dark, yet full of life. It's like I could see Rapps whole life story, yet I had no idea what was going on inside his head.

I wanted to try and figure out, but of course the light turned green and he started driving once again, although he did keep his gaze on me.

Once he turned his attention to the road I looked down at the laptop that sat in my lap. I smiled to myself at his last words.

I wasn't going to admit this to myself, or anyone as a matter of fact, but I guess I'm kind of into Mitch.

I mean he is my type, but I know I can't start liking him. He obviously would most likely not be interested in being in another relationship when he lost his fiancée,even if it was a few years ago.

Plus I'm pretty sure he's not into me, he's never really shown me anything to give me ideas.