Part 10 | Thanks For Listening

Start from the beginning

"Yes sir." He says.

"Great job y/n. I'm really impressed. How'd you manage to convince him?" He asks excitedly.

"Simple. I told him, I would help him with his grades, if he teams up with me." I say enthusiastically.

"Haha you're smart y/n. Anyways, I hope I'll get a good presentation about the assignement. Since, you've got the brightest student with you.." He smiles at both of us.

We then pack our staff and leave to the piano practice room. We sit there and start doing the project. We do it for some time and then decide to take a break.

"Y/n.. So.. About that sleepover..." He says.

"Huh? What about it?"

"It was.. It was actually fun. We should do it again."

"Wow! I can't believe I'm actually hearing this from you." He nudges me.

"Don't make me regret it."

"Haha. I'm actually happy that you had fun. We'll surely have another sleepover again." I smile warmly at him.

"So, Yoongi, this time we'll have a sleep over at your place. I've already seen Jimin's house and I really really want to see your house and meet your family." I add.

He goes silent at that. He is expressionless. I get worried.

"Did... did I say something wrong?"

"No, no. It's not you. It's.. It's my family."

"Your family?"

"Well, yeah.. My mom passed away when I was 5 years old. My dad then, married another lady. He has another family now."

"Oh. I'm sorry.."

"No, it's ok. He doesn't even care about me. The company's is on the name of my mother. She made an agreement that, until I graduate my high school, my dad has to take care of me and that's why I'm still living with him." He pauses for a while and looks at me. I nod at him, to continue.

"After I graduate, he can either take the company or he can give it to me. But, I very clearly know that he is not going to give it to me, because he has two more sons and a daughter, and I don't even want that company. I want to graduate as fast as I can, so that I can have my own life. I was weak in studies, because my dad actually never cared. Well, not only in studies, he doesn't care me in anything. He was never good to me. I used to try a lot to spend time with him, but he never actually cared. It made me hate myself. I got used to stay alone. I slowly started ignoring people and cared less about what's happening around me. I felt like I was a useless person and that was when I started learning music. I felt it was so relaxing and I can spend hours on it, and yet, it's so fun. That is my first love. I'm actually 18 years old now. I must be graduating last year, but because of lack of interest in my studies, I couldn't do it. Since, the principal is my dad's friend, he still allowed me to stay in the school. My dad too, didn't care, because his children are still young and he can't give the company to them yet."

I don't know what to say. He has been facing a lot, and that's why he's so cold and rude with other people. I feel so sorry for him. It's so unfair. He doesn't deserve any of this.

I go silent and I keep thinking about what he said.

"Y/n..?" He calls out my name and pulls me out of my thoughts. I look at him with a pitiful expression. I just go near him and hug him tight, assuring that, I'm there for him. I atleast had my mom. He was alone all this time. Just thinking about his situation, brings me chills. He hugs me back, placing his chin on my shoulder. He kind of sniffs and remains in my embrace for sometime and breaks the hug after a while.

"Thanks for listening to me. It felt good, sharing all this with someone. And.. I'm sorry if I bored you." He said.

"No, no. Don't worry. I'm glad that you've shared this with me. Don't hesitate to share anything. I'm here for you, if you need someone."

"That's.. that's actually so kind of you. I appreciate it."

"Okay, Min Yoongi. So, now, if you cut it off, I have something for you."

"Something for me?"

"Yes." I put my hand in my school bag and take out my box of strawberries.

"Wow. Straw.. Strawberries?"

"Yes. Strawberries. Now, I guess, these are the only things that can lighten you up." I give that box to him. He takes three stawberries and stuff them into his mouth all at once. Looks like he liked them. He takes some more, and chews them.

Wow

Wow. His cheeks are so squishy when he eat.

He gives me a small thank you smile and completes the rest of the box.

So guys, in my country, the school system is kind of different than the rest, so I really don't know if you guys have assignments and group projects in your music classes. Don't mind if you don't. Hehe.