*11*

It was the first day of spring holiday. A full week away from school never made me that happy. I didn't hate the idea of school that much anymore as I was socializing more, but the recent events didn't help in any way. School is where Areum is and I can't find the strength to face her, just not yet. 

I didn't really speak to her or Hana since that day. I know from Jimin that his girlfriend doesn't really hold a grudge against me, but as long as Areum is hurt it makes sense for her to keep her distance from me. I can't say I was bothered with it, though. I had more important things to focus on, like doing things for myself and find out what self love is.

I was laying on the bed with a notebook in my hands and writing down some lyrics. The last weeks were quite eventful and I felt inspired to write a song. The weather was really nice as well,  so I was in a good mood. 

I was humming a melody that might have suited the lyrics when my phone chimed a new text notification. The sender was Taehyung. "Hoseokie, can I come over quickly? I have something urgent that I need to discuss!" I texted back swiftly, concerned about what the issue might be. "Of course, Tae! Are you ok?" 

"Never been better! I'll be there in 5!" I thought something bad happened, but I relaxed realizing it's the exact opposite. Odd. I put the notebook away and head downstairs to put the kettle on. Good tea, good friends, good life. As I was drowning the tea bags in hot water, the door bell rang. 

I opened the door knowing exactly who it was, but I was still surprised. Tae was sitting on my door step looking like an idol. He was beautiful anyways, but he looked more handsome, if that's even possible. 

"Wow, Tae, looking fly! Are you here to take me out on a date?" I chuckled.

"No time for that, hyung, I have huge plans already!" he exclaimed. Taehyung came inside and flopped himself on the sofa. I offered him a cup of tea and he accepted it gratefully.

"So what is the urgent matter that you want to discuss?" I asked curiously, sipping on my tea.

"Oh, right, that. So do you think I look nice, Hobi?" I saw him moving his legs up and down nervously.

"Yeah, that was like the first thing I said a minute ago. Don't tell me you came here to get confirmation for your good looks!" I moaned. 

"Oh, sorry, hyung, I missed that! I am a bit distracted!" he confessed.

"I can see that. What's wrong, Tae? I thought something good happened."

"It did! I just can't believe it yet! I am so excited, hyung, my heart is about to pop out of my chest!" Tae shouted enthusiastically.

I was still trying to figure him out, but with him is never easy. Why was he so nervous?

"Hobi, I am going on a date! With Ha-Neul! Can you imagine? She actually accepted, I can't believe it!" he continued happily. 

"Oh, t-that's great!" I said laughing nervously, trying to hide the shock in my expression. I knew that was going to happen eventually, he mentioned to me before that he likes Ha-Neul. I guess it happened sooner than I expected. Two of my dear friends finding happiness in each other, why wouldn't I be glad about it?

Tae added "I actually came here for some advice. You are the closest to her so I wondered if there are any tips that you can give me. I want to make a good impression!"

I laughed to myself. Close, my ass. I knew nothing about her, how she is like, what she loves, what she hates. All I knew is that she is just another miserable soul, just like me. And that wouldn't help my friend in any way.