*9*

Ha-Neul started hanging out more and more often with me and the boys. Her best friend Cho would tag along as well, making Namjoon a very happy man. Sometimes I had to stand Hana's presence as she and Jimin were getting closer. 

All I wanted was to talk to Ha-Neul and find out more about her, but we were never alone. At school I had almost no time for her, I was either with the boys or overwhelmed by Areum's attention. And if I was ever free she was never around. After school she would just disappear into thin air or make an excuse. I was really confused, she wanted to be friends in the first place, but she was avoiding me completely. 

I knew from Tae more about her than from her own mouth. They were texting each other all the times. What a total betrayal. Sure, I had her number so I could have messaged her as well, but I wanted a real conversation. I can't tell feelings apart through a text.

We decided to hang out again, me and the boys plus the girls. And by the heaven's will, Ha-Neul was free today so she could bless us with her presence. But things didn't go exactly the way I wanted.

Some of the boys couldn't make it in the end. Jin just found out his grandmother was taken to the hospital so he rushed over there. Jungkook was retained by the PE teacher who needed some help to move some new equipment. And Yoongi had to leave because of a very bad migraine. We wanted to call it off, but they insisted for us to go and they might show up later. 

Namjoon and Cho were now officially a couple so they decided to go on an individual date and no one had any complaint about it. 

In the end me, Ha-Neul, Taehyung, Jimin, Hana and Areum were the only left. That might actually give me a chance to finally spend some time with Ha-Neul, I thought to myself. We decided to go for a karaoke session. 

After we rented the room, everyone was getting comfortable on the sofa, ordering drinks and snacks. This time I made sure to sit next to Ha-Neul so she can't escape. 

(Tae - Ha-Neul- Hobi - Areum - Hana -Jimin)

Areum sat next to me again and I wasn't surprised. I was pretty sure she liked me, considering how over affectionate she's been with me ever since we started talking to each other. But I hoped if I pretend to be unaware, she might just go away without me having to break her heart. 

Jimin and Hana looked like two love birds, although I haven't heard any official news about them dating. But I knew it was just a matter of time. 

While Taehyung was checking the playlist I seized the chance to pursue Ha-Neul. I tugged on her sleeve "Hey, stranger, do you still remember me?" I whispered. She looked a bit surprised at my sudden question, but she chuckled the next second.

"Oh, if it isn't Hobi, the watermelon nemesis!" she blurted, making me laugh. I missed her candid comments. 

"The one and only, no watermelon lived to tell the story!" I boasted and she laughed softly.

"I am sorry if I seemed distant these days, I wasn't myself and I didn't want to make things weird between us." So I was right before, something did happen. But stupid as I was, rather than asking her about it or making sure she is ok, I just scoffed "But you looked pretty close to Taehyung." 

I regretted it instantly but it was too late to take it back. I could see a trace of sadness building up in her eyes and I swear she moved her hand to reach mine, but the same instant Tae grabbed it and pulled her up to his side into an embrace.

That's when I realized a song was playing and Jimin was singing a love ballad, holding Hana in his arms. I looked at the image in front of me that looked like a movie scene. Tae was holding Ha-Neul tight next to him, his arms around her waist and both smiling. If my eyes were not mistaken, she was blushing.