Part 8 | Closer Than Before

Mulai dari awal

"Wh-what? You forgive me? Just like that?"

"Of course. You're my best friend after all."

He just stares at me speechless. He looks so fondly at me. He hugs me tightly for a few minutes.

"Ahem." Yoongi clears his throat out of embarrassment. I then realise that, Yoongi's standing there, staring at both of us, with a confused expression. Jimin stands up and walks towards Yoongi.

"Thanks for helping her, and.. I'm really sorry about what I said earlier." He smiles warmly at Yoongi.

"Just don't hurt her again. She looks so ugly when she's crying. And yeah, don't try that smile on me. I still hate you. I would've been sleeping by now, but you put me in this shit and all."
Jimin and me can't help, but smile at the way he's whining.

"Why're you laughing? Don't repeat this again, I can't do these stuff with her again. She is so dumb in understanding things. I'm so tired explaining her everything." He adds.

I pout at him and say, "Shut up!"

We all laugh.

Yoongi looks at me and says, "So, may I go now?"

"Wait." I run to him and hug him. His eyes wide open and so does mine. I don't even know why I did that. But, I didn't let go off him until he hugs me back. I say, "Thank you Yoongi." and let go off him. He didn't give any expression.

Why did I do that? And why I isn't he saying anything? Did I.. did I mess things up? Oh no. This is awkward.

We stare at each other for a few moments.

"So guys. I have an idea. Why don't we all have a sleepover? Since, we have no school tomorrow. We can go to y/n's house. It would be fun, right?" Jimin says.

"Yes!" I shout in excitement to cover the awkwardness. But things only get more awkward.

"Um, I don't think I can join you. I.. I'm already tired. I need to go home." Yoongi says.

"Hey! It won't be that bad. It's a sleepover, that means, you can sleep there. It would be nice to have you around. Maybe, we can know each other better." Jimin says.

"Yoongi, please join us.. It will definitely be fun! Please.. Please!" I say.

"Why can't you both just go? We're not even that good friends though." Yoongi says.

"Are you kidding me? No one has ever done these many favours to me Yoongi! You always helped me when I needed someone's help and now, you're saying that we're not even friends? I know you want to come. Now shut up, and say yes."

Jimin and Yoongi, both of them look in shock.

Wow. I myself don't know, that I can be this aggressive.

"Wow, Yoongi, I think you should come. This is the first time I'm seeing her like this. I guess, she's going to kill you, if you don't." Jimin jokes.

"Well, fine. Okay. I will come. But, on one condition." Yoongi says.

"What?" I ask him.

"You please come out of that fire mode. I got so used to that old dumb y/n, that seeing her like this now... I just can't... control my laugh. You are so funny." With that, Jimin and Yoongi both burst into laughter.

I give them a death glare and say, "Are you even my friends? Ugh! I hate you both."

"Yeah. Sure. Like I care." Yoongi says, laughing.

With that, I chase Yoongi all through the hallway to hit him, until we part our ways

With that, I chase Yoongi all through the hallway to hit him, until we part our ways. Jimin and me head directly to my home. Yoongi goes to his home to change and to inform his family.

Yoongi's perspective :

I'm on my way to my home.

I still can't believe she hugged me. Wow. This is the first time a girl hugged me. Wait- am I.. am I happy for that? I honestly don't know. We've gotten even more closer than before. She's not that bad person though. I mean, yeah, she's a very dumb and naive person, inspite of being a nerd. But, there's something in her, that really attracts people towards her. Um, not like I got attracted or something. Just saying. It's maybe because of her childishness or innocence. I don't know. I can't believe she doesn't have much friends. At first, I thought, she's being sweet because she wants a favour from me. But, today I realised, she can be sweet for no reason. She forgave Jimin as soon as he apologised. She indeed is something else.

I finally reach my home. I go to bed my room straight and change my clothes. I pick up some things and leave my room. I was about to leave the mansion, when I hear a voice calling me. Well, I hate this voice. It's my step mom.

"Yoongi? Where are you leaving? It's 7:30 PM. You must be staying at home this time, right?"

"Why do you care? I don't even have a right to go where I want? I'm 18 years old and you don't tell me what to do."

"Shut up Yoongi. That's not the way to talk to your mom." My father suddenly enters the scene.

"Step mom. Not mom." I correct him.

"Your mom is dead and now, she is your mom." He says.

"My mom may be dead, but she can never be my mom. I can't change my mom, like you change your wife."

He rushes towards me and is about to hit me. But his wife comes running and stops him. I rush out of the house, wishing I would never return there again.

Aaah! So they're friends again!! Y/n did a good thing by forgiving Jimin, or else I would've beat the shit outta her. 🙄