111

Chaejin didn't come back the next day.

Eventually, that midnight, Soonyoung got tired of yelling, of protesting, of resisting and of looking for Chaejin. He eventually got tired of crying and of sobbing about Chaejin leaving him all over again.

Jihoon did nothing. Jihoon just sat on his bed, crying as he listens to the kids trying to calm Soonyoung down, as he listens to Soonyoung searching for Chaejin. Jihoon did nothing but to cry in Minghao's arms while the other boys did their best to shush Soonyoung.

Until such a time that Soonyoung was already exhausted. He stayed silent on his bed and ordered everyone out. One by one, they left the room and Jihoon was about to leave his bed but Jisoo shook his head at him and silently gestured him to stay before he left.

The room was left all for Soonyoung and Jihoon. Jihoon wiped his tears before he looked at Soonyoung, and saw him silently crying. He had his head down, he was sniffing and his tears were falling straight to his hands.

"Do you want me to go out too, Soon?" Jihoon asked carefully. "I-I. . . I-I can leave."

Soonyoung didn't talk, but he just shook his head. Jihoon nodded and just stared at him. His hands itched to wipe his tears so he didn't try to hold back. He got off his bed and climbed on Soonyoung's instead.

He sat in front Soonyoung and held his hands. "What are you feeling, Soonyoung?" Jihoon asked softly and stared into his puffy and red eyes. "Tell me honestly. You can trust me, cub," he said and smiled.

Soonyoung shook his head. "I-I feel empty, J-Ji," he cried. "I-I don't know. . . I-I feel l-like something's missing. . ." he whispered.

Jihoon nodded. "Do you want us to talk about it?" He asked and rubbed his thumbs on the back of Soonyoung's hands.

"J-Jihoon, w-what am I missing?" Soonyoung asked and looked into Jihoon's eyes. "W-Why does it feel like I'm looking f-for something? J-Jihoon, why does it feel like. . . I'm. . . I-I'm supposed to find something?"

Jihoon smiled at him and cupped his cheeks. "Soonyoung, the doctor said that your memories will come back. Don't rush, tiger cub. It will come back and you will find what you're looking for."

Soonyoung gulped. "W-Why. . . w-why am I seeing something in you, Jihoon?" He asked. "W-Who are you?"

"What do you see in me, Soon?" Jihoon asked, suddenly feeling thumps inside his cage.

"I don't know," Soonyoung cried and ducked his head again. "I-I don't know, J-Ji. . ."

Jihoon nodded and leaned a little to Soonyoung so that Soonyoung's head will be on his shoulder. Then he put his hands on Soonyoung's back, lightly patting him there. "I'm always right here for you, okay? You always have me. I'll never leave your side, I promise, I'll be with you throughout this."

Soonyoung nodded back. "J-Ji. . ."

"Mm?"

"W-Will Chaejin come back?" He asked, sounding as fragile as a kid's voice. "I-I n-need her back, Jihoon. . ."

Jihoon bit his lip, trying to stop his tears from forming again. He blinked several times before he had the courage to talk. "I-I don't know, Soon," he whispered, forcing his voice not to break. "But if you need her, I'll talk to her to get her back here, okay?"

"O-Okay. . ."

Jihoon quickly wiped the tears that have spilled from his eyes before he parted from Soonyoung. He lifted Soonyoung's head up and wiped his tears then smiled at him. "But right now it's late, so you have to go to sleep."