52

3 YEARS AGO

Jeonghan liked Seungcheol, he was aware of that, but he knows he wasn't the only one. Jihoon did too.

Jeonghan knew he liked Seungcheol since Seungcheol started being so kind to him, caring about him, telling him everyday that he really is so beautiful, and getting closer to him. Jeonghan knew he liked Seungcheol, but he never knew Seungcheol was feeling the same.

He actually thought Seungcheol was only befriending him because Jeonghan might have looked so friendly and kind. Jeonghan let Seungcheol stick to him since he was new to the university, and he thought Seungcheol might need help in adjusting so Jeonghan was his aid.

Jeonghan was there with him always, showing him around to the school, accompanying him when he first signed up for the basketball varsity team, and helping him in memorizing the faculty members and the staff. Jeonghan was there with him, until such a time that he just found himself liking Seungcheol.

It was never Jeonghan's intention to like him, he just thought of Seungcheol as a reliable friend. But suddenly, everything changed, and Jeonghan now just wanted to see Seungcheol everyday, Seungcheol now becomes a part of the reasons why he still chooses to go to school though he wants to quit already.

But. . . as Jeonghan falls for Seungcheol, he noticed. . . Jihoon is too.

"He is so cool," he remembered Jihoon saying as he stared at Seungcheol who was playing at the basketball court.

Jeonghan blinked then he looked at Jihoon. He was surprised to see Jihoon's small eyes twinkling as he fondly stared at Seungcheol from afar, his lips parted.

"I really envy people who can do sports," he said, then he looked at Jeonghan and smiled. "Is he nice too?"

Jeonghan nodded. "Mm-hmm," he hummed and forced a smile. "He is. I actually want to take him with us too. He doesn't have other friends, so I think it's nice if we all become his friends too."

Jihoon gulped, and for a moment, Jeonghan saw visible panic in him, but he quickly collected himself again. "Well, sure, up to you."

Jeonghan nodded. "You seem to like him," he said bluntly which caught Jihoon off guard that Jihoon coughed.

"N-No, no," Jihoon denied, chuckling sheepishly. "Maybe I, um, just a bit. . . what do you call this thing. . . um, fascinated that he is cool on the court. Just that."

Liar. "Oh," Jeonghan whispered, and didn't talk any further.

Until time passed by, Seungcheol confessed, so did Jeonghan, but Jeonghan chose to keep them a secret until he's sure that it's safe to tell them. Jeonghan didn't tell anyone about it, especially Jihoon who was silently admiring Seungcheol even more.

But that day. . . that certain day when they both confessed, he saw Jihoon and Seungcheol in the kitchen, chatting shyly yet chuckling without restraints. Jeonghan suddenly lost his courage to ruin the moment they had together. . . that he did nothing but to just stand there and stare at them.

Jihoon. . . looked vibrant and happy. Jeonghan can't take that away. Jeonghan adores Jihoon more than he ever adored anybody else. He knows Jihoon's story, his struggles and his challenges. It's rare to see Jihoon that happy, so he's going to give anything just to keep him smiling. . .

But the thing is. . . Jihoon is happy with the guy Jeonghan finds himself the happiest with too.

ㅡㅡㅡ

Among them four, if there would be someone who understands and knows Jihoon the most, it is without a doubt Yoon Jeonghan. Jeonghan was Jihoon's best friend since elementary, he stayed beside Jihoon for so many years that he knew everything about him.