75

All the tears that Jihoon cried made him drowsy and exhausted, so the very moment Jihoon and Soonyoung made it back inside the room, Jihoon went to his bed without even saying a greeting to Seokmin and Jisoo. Jihoon just smiled at them weakly then laid down on the bed.

"Is he okay?" Seokmin whispered and looked at Soonyoung.

Soonyoung nodded. "He's exhausted. Just let him," he said and gave them a smile.

Then Jihoon caught his attention by tugging on the hem of his sleeve. Soonyoung stroked his head and smiled at Jihoon fondly. Jihoon looked up at him, then he patted the space on the bed that he left empty for Soonyoung.

Soonyoung didn't need it to be put to words, he climbed on the bed, and laid down beside Jihoon. Jihoon's eyes were drooped, lifeless and tired as he extended his arm out. Soonyoung chuckled, nodding before he put his arms around Jihoon. Jihoon hugged him back.

"Good night. I-I'm sorry that you had to see me like that," Jihoon whispered though his eyes were already closed. "That was the worst breakdown I had. Thank you for being there."

It was true though. Soonyoung has seen Jihoon cry so many times just because of his clairvoyance. Soonyoung has seen Jihoon fall apart and bawl his eyes out just because he is tired and too afraid of what he is facing. Those were all bad though, Soonyoung had to admit. Those were the times Jihoon showed frailty and vulnerability, but nothing can beat the amount of pain, of begging and of fear that he cried out tonight.

Soonyoung admits, that was the worst. But that doesn't mean he want no part of it. No, he wants to be a part of it. That was Jihoon's weakness, and no matter how much he want Jihoon to be strong, he wants to see more of it. He wants to see more of Jihoon's weakness, not because he wants to see him feeble, but to know what he has to protect to be able to protect Jihoon too. He wants more of Jihoon's weakness for him to search for ways to make him strong.

Soonyoung smiled. "I like it when you show me your weak side, Jihoon."

Jihoon fluttered his eyes open and looked up. "What?"

Soonyoung met his eyes and beamed wide at him. "You keep giving me reasons to protect you."

Jihoon chuckled. "Mm. But sleep now, idiot."

Soonyoung laughed, nodding. "Ji, I want you to know that it's okay to show me your weakness, okay? Only by knowing your weakness can I learn to give you strength. I want to see your dark sides so that I am able to help you find light within it."

Jihoon smiled wide, feeling the flutters inside his chest. "You're the light in that dark side."

Soonyoung kissed his forehead. "So are you to me," he whispered then he held Jihoon tighter, burying Jihoon's face against his chest. "Good night, bub."

"Good night, tiger," Jihoon whispered, then they both fell asleep.

The night went on like that, until a new day came. The doctor checked on Jihoon again for the last time before Jihoon was finally discharged. Jihoon thanked the doctor before he left Jihoon's room.

Soonyoung smiled at Jihoon and put a set of clothes on Jihoon's bed. "Dress up," he said.

Jihoon looked down on it. "Are we going somewhere?" He asked then stared at Soonyoung with confused eyes.

Soonyoung nodded. "I owe you a date. So go on, change up."

Jihoon beamed then he quickly grabbed the clothes and ran to the rest room. But before he could close the door, he peeked to flashed a smile at Soonyoung again. "You really are the best, cub," he said and giggled softly before he locked the door behind him.