09

Jihoon woke up the next day with swollen eyes. He cursed upon seeing himself on the mirror, realizing he looks like he's gone through the fires of hell.

He has been worrying how he could talk to Soonyoung again after what happened, and he doesn't even know if the gang would let him get a meter close to Soonyoung.

He fixed and readied himself. He took a bath, wore his neat set of uniform, ate breakfast, brushed his teeth, combed his hair, and groomed himself for school.

The same as yesterday, he walked his way to school, and when he got inside, it has gotten a lot different. It changed a lot overnight.

There was no Seokmin. No Wonwoo with Mingyu, no Jisoo, no Seungkwan and no Chan. And worst, no Soonyoung.

He headed straight to their room, and took the same seat that he did yesterday. He took his notebook out, then he started scribbling words. . . or just anything, only to find out he's starting to write lyrics without melody: poems.

Jihoon has been so into his poetry, but he was only taken out of his little own world of words when Soonyoung occupied the seat beside him.

Jihoon blinked. . . he blinked when he saw that Soonyoung's small eyes were so sharp and so lifeless and so dim as if light has been sucked out from him.

"S-Soon. . ." Jihoon called out very carefully and softly.

Soonyoung didn't budge nor bat him an eye. He just sat there, silent and obviously avoiding Jihoon. Jihoon gulped, and tried anew.

"S-Soon, I-I'm sorry," Jihoon whispered.

Soonyoung stood up once again, intending to leave, but Jihoon rose to his feet too, and held Soonyoung's wrist gently.

"H-Hear me out, Soonyoung, please. I-I'll explain," Jihoon said, and looked up to Soonyoung.

Soonyoung looked back at him, and Jihoon felt himself freeze as though Soonyoung sent chills through his veins with just those stare.

"Explain what, Jihoon? What excuse can you give? I saw you clearly, Ji. I saw how you walked away from the kids to get to your plan. What was that for? Were you working for someone? Were you one of the guys who wanted me dead?" Soonyoung asked. His voice was cold and furious. He may sound calm, but Jihoon heard all the effort to keep his voice low since they are inside their room.

Jihoon's brows furrowed when his mind finished processing his words. "Someone wants you what? Dead?"

Soonyoung just shook his head, and held Jihoon's wrist too. He pulled Jihoon's hand off, and let go of him. "I was too gullible to fall for your little traps, wasn't I, Jihoon?"

"S-Soonyoung. . . I-I just wanted to savㅡ"

"Just stop," Soonyoung told him, stopping him halfway of his sentence. He sounded so tired and restless and. . . upset. "Whatever it is that you're trying to do to me, Jihoon, just stop it. Please. I don't want to get any closer to you again."

Jihoon nodded. "Does that mean. . . I should give up?"

"Give up on what?"

Jihoon looked into Soonyoung's small confused eyes. "On you. Should I give up on you?"

Soonyoung didn't answer. He turned his back on Jihoon, and walked away. He went to take the seat that was occupied by someone which was at the very corner of the room, away from Jihoon. The guy who sat on the seat stood up, and took Soonyoung's instead, letting Soonyoung take his.

Jihoon stared at him, and sighed. That's not the answer he needed from Soonyoung. So as long as Soonyoung didn't want him to give up, he'll stay and will keep saving him no matter what becomes of Jihoon.