08

The dark room was suddenly filled with cacophonic noises. There were shouts, murmurs, whispers of both surprise and inquisitiveness of what happened.

But Jihoon didn't miss to hear the call of his new friends and Soonyoung's high screams. He heard varieties of voices calling out to Soonyoung, namely Seokmin, Jisoo, Seungkwan, Mingyu and Wonwoo.

Jihoon's heart began to thump against his chest in nervousness and in guilt. He was so worried of Soonyoung that he can't utter a word, not even his name. He just stood there, shaking and trembling.

Then he felt someone bump against him as they started deserting the place, and that's when Jihoon woke his senses up. He quickly ran to where he last saw Soonyoung, following his screams.

"Soonyoung!" He called out, and rushed to him. He didn't even care if he's bumping onto someone on his way to Soonyoung.

"Jihoon hyung, where are you?!" He heard Seungkwan yell.

In a quick second, a minimal amount of light came on a particular area of the room only after the door was opened. He looked at that, then he saw the kids clumped near the foot of the staircase.

Jihoon's eyes widened upon seeing them holding Soonyoung inside their arms securely, shushing him and consoling him. Seungkwan was looking for him, his head turning.

Jihoon dashed to them, and he has never ceased quivering in worry. "W-What happened?" He asked.

"I don't know, the lightsㅡ"

"You did it!" Soonyoung yelled after he got himself free of everyone's hug, his index finger pointed towards Jihoon, his hand visibly shaking.

Jihoon's mouth fell agape. "S-Soonyoung. . ." he whispered when he noticed the tears glimmering in his eyes.

"Soon!" Jisoo snapped at him. "Let's take you upstairs, okay? Just please stop crying."

They were about to hold Soonyoung's hands but he swatted them all, and suddenly grabbed Jihoon by his shirt. "You ruined it, Jihoon. You ruined everything!" He roared at him.

Jihoon leaped in surprise at the volume raised at him, and it made him shake even more in sorry. "I-I'm s-sorry, Soon. J-Just hear me out, okay?"

Soonyoung scoffed. "Hear you out?" He echoed then laughed in mockery. "B-Because of you, Jihoon, I-I can't take the money that I-I'll have to spend on my family!"

Jihoon clasped his hands together. "S-Soonyoung, I-I'm so sorry. . ."

Soonyoung shook his head, his eyes were burning with fury and disappointment. "You are the worst, Jihoon. You don't know how much this means to me, and you just ruined all of it."

Jihoon was about to tell him sorry again, but he left. He rushed towards the stairs, and went out, leaving all of them behind.

"Soonyoung, wait!" Mingyu shouted.

Then they all ran to catch up to Soonyoung including Jihoon. When they have made it outside, Seokmin stopped, and took Jihoon by his wrist. Jihoon was forced to halt, and looked up at Seokmin with so much worry in his eyes and sorry.

"Stay. Don't follow Soonyoung," he coldly demanded.

"S-Seoks, I r-really didn't mean it. J-Just please believe me, I-I can explain," Jihoon begged, and held Seokmin's hands in his.

Seokmin was staring back into his eyes. They were sad, worried, upset and disappointed. Jihoon's breath hitched upon seeing those eyes for the first time. Seokmin's eyes were always full of life and light, but right now. . . they were gloomy and dim.