17

When they made it back home, Soonyoung pulled the car over. They both unfastened their seatbelts, and Jihoon was about to hop off but Soonyoung spoke.

"J-Ji. . ."

"Mm?"

"About earlier," Soonyoung said, and gulped. "I'm sorry about what I said. I-I know I shouldn't be meddling with your conflict. . . I-I'm sorry."

Jihoon smiled at him, shaking his head. "I got your point, Soon. And you were right about it. Maybe I was just upset that you get to see it first before I did."

Soonyoung looked away, and heaved a sigh. "I am so sorry, Ji. . ."

Jihoon chuckled, before he patted Soonyoung's shoulder. "Hush now, Soon. Let's get inside."

Soonyoung nodded, and so they both went out. Then they headed inside the house; the door was left unlocked for them so they didn't have a hard time getting in, and when they opened the door, the living room was already deserted.

The kids have already slept, and occupied all the rooms in this house except Jihoon's.

Jihoon sighed, and locked the door of the house before he faced Soonyoung. "Soon, there's only one room left unoccupied, so you can take it. I'll just sleep here outside."

Soonyoung shook his head. "You take it. I'll be fine here, and besides, that's your room."

"You're my guest, Soon," Jihoon said. "You can take my room."

"Okay. How about we both sleep in your room but I'll be sleeping on the floor?"

"Soonyoung, just sleep on my bed, I'll be on the floorㅡ"

"You should sleep on your bed because it's yours, Ji, so if you insist that I should sleep on your bed, you're telling me you want me to sleep beside you," Soonyoung cut him off then he grinned.

Jihoon laughed. "Okay, fine, you win. You get the floor, I'm on the bed."

Soonyoung nodded, and then they went to Jihoon's room. Jihoon took some sheets inside a cabinet in his room, and laid it down on the floor for Soonyoung, then gave him two of his pillows.

Jihoon was already on his bed, so he looked down on Soonyoung to check him out. "Are you comfortable down there, Soon?"

Soonyoung looked up to him. "Yes, bub," he replied, although he feels uneasy because the whole house was too dark. He can barely see Jihoon.

"You sure?" Jihoon asked again.

"Mm. . ."

So Jihoon nodded, and laid down on his bed. He closed his eyes, almost falling asleep but he remembered Seokmin's voice, ringing inside his head like a warning.

The voice said: You don't how much he's scared out there in the dark without one of us to accompany him.

Jihoon quickly sat up straight, "Soon, wait!" He exclaimed in surprise, and hastily hopped off his bed.

Soonyoung was taken aback at it, so he sat up, and stared at the darkness in nervousness. Then suddenly the lights came, illuminating the whole world, and Soonyoung could see all the worry in Jihoon's eyes upon staring at him.

"Shit, I'm so sorry," Jihoon said, and drew closer to Soonyoung before he sat in front him.

"You scared me, Jihoon," Soonyoung muttered, and sighed in relief.

"I'm so sorry I forgot that you're afraid of the dark, andㅡ"

"Who told you that?" Soonyoung asked, and raised his brows at him.