71

Seokmin could feel his heart leaping in joy when they heard that Jisoo is now fine. He felt his knees getting weak and he could almost fall to the floor again but Seungkwan put his arms around him and smiled with so much glee in his face. Seokmin smiled too and tousled his hair.

"It's a good thing that he was rushed immediately and resuscitated before things could get worse," the doctor said with a smile on his face. "The puncture could have been worse if he wasn't given immediate medical attention. However, we will run some tests to make sure he didn't have sepsis, or any bacterial infection."

"I-Infection?" Seokmin echoed.

The doctor nodded. "Since he was perforated, his internal organs are also punctured, hence the fluids from these organs may spill and infect his blood. Sepsis, on the other side, is caused by bacterial infection where your immune system might react to this infection abnormally, causing inflammation thoughout your body."

"I-Is it. . . fatal?" Seokmin asked, his voice shaking again.

The doctor sighed. "Yes," he answered, making Seokmin's tears to come back on his eyes again. "But it will be avoided if treated immediately. Don't worry, there are antibiotics and other medicines to help avoid further complications. But also, I want you to look after him, make sure that his temperature remains normal and his blood pressure too. And keep track of his wound, okay? Make sure there are no dark spots around the wound. It is already stitched so make sure that the he will not make any excessive movements that might open the wound or anything. If anything happens, call any of the doctors."

Seokmin sighed, nodding. "T-Thank you, doc."

"Mm. We'll transfer the patient now to a room."

"Um, can we put him in room 256? These patients are his friends and they all occupy that room, so I guess it's better if we put them together so it's easier for us to look after," Wonwoo asked shyly.

"Okay, we'll check on these patients too," he said, referring to  Mingyu and Jihoon, "we will have to make sure if these kids have contagious diseases or anything that might worsen the patient's state."

"It's okay. I just had a head injury, and that small guy there just fainted and his boyfriend panicked so hard," Mingyu told him and smiled wide. "Nothing to worry about."

The doctor nodded once again. "We'll take him there," he said, then he reached out to his pocket. "Right, we saw something in the patient's pocket, so I guess it's best to give this to you," he said as he pulled out a small box.

The box was originally white but now it turned red because it was wet with his blood. The ribbon sealing it close was colored in pastel blue which too became red. Seokmin took it from him, and whispered his small thanks. Then Seokmin looked at Soonyoung, and Soonyoung just blinked.

"Why are you looking at me? T-That's not mine," he said.

Seokmin looked down at the box on his hand. Then he pulled one end of the ribbon, now revealing the lid. He gulped and he slowly opened it, then his tears fell like a heavy downpour when he saw a silver bracelet inside. It was simple yet elegant.

The chain was silver and thin, and there are three small gems in the middle of the chain but there is minimal distance between each of them. One gem which was a little bit larger than the others is an amethyst, while the other two on each side of the amethyst were little turquoises.

Seokmin cried, his hand clutching the bracelet tightly. He knew what it meant, he knew what those stones meant. Amethyst was his birthstone, while turquoise was Jisoo's. Seokmin began crying again as he held the box and the bracelet close to his chest.