133

Yeji sat beside her brother while Wonwoo and Mingyu were both busy with their phones. They were mumbling words so fast that she could tell how shaken they were because of Soonyoung's words. Soonyoung, on the other hand, was not muttering anything. He was so silent that it was alarming for someone as talkative as him.

"Please, please, tell them right away! We are still trying to dig up some information, but Soonyoung. . . he can barely talk right now. He can't stop shaking," Wonwoo almost rapped those words out.

"I don't know, okay?! Just. . . just don't go out of your houses, you all know the drill already," Mingyu said, and like Wonwoo, he was speaking in so much hurry and worry. "We have no idea! W-We can't tell if Soonyoung's like Jihoon, but. . . but we have to make sure no one's hurt!"

"And who's going after Jihoon? Who's trying to contact Jihoon right now, Mingyu?!" Jisoo yelled, his voice shaking on the other line.

Mingyu shook his head. "W-We tried to call him, but he's not answering, hyung. We tried Minghao too, but none of our calls connected."

"Fuck it, I'm going out," Jisoo said, and Mingyu could already hear him running.

"Hyung, it's dangerous! We don't know even know what might happen!" Mingyu argued. "Unlike Jihoon, Soonyoung isn't speaking. He's still as frozen as ice. This is Soonyoung's first time seeing something like this. We can't force him to talk, he'll get more terrified."

"I'm going there, I'll make Soonyoung talk," Jisoo said, before he told his mother that he's going out to meet his friends.

"Hyung, Soonyoung isn't in his best shape right now, you have to know that—"

"And what?! We'll let Jihoon die out there?!" Jisoo asked. "Soonyoung said it himself, Jihoon will die tonight, but we can change that, alright? We just need the details, and we can turn this around."

"You know the consequences," Mingyu whispered. "If we save Jihoon hyung right now, Minghao will get hurt in his place."

For a moment, there was silence. Wonwoo even paused talking to Seungkwan, and now had his eyes on Mingyu. He saw the same gloomy and frightened expression on Mingyu that Jihoon first had when Jeonghan told him that he has to decide who he will be saving. Wonwoo gulped. So this is how Jihoon feels, huh? Having to choose who to save. . . and who to risk.

"I know," Jisoo said softly. "That's why I'm coming. We'll discuss things through. We have to be quick, or it will all be too late."

There were no arguments after that. Wonwoo and Mingyu waited for Jisoo, and it took him only a few minutes before he made it. Wonwoo opened the door, and he saw Jisoo with Seokmin. They were both panting which only suggests they were running.

"Seok, why are you here?" Mingyu asked, but Seokmin didn't even bat an eye. Seokmin ran straight to Soonyoung, and hugged him right away.

"Soonyoung will need him, his emotional support," Jisoo answered, and walked in too. Wonwoo closed the door after that, then they were all surrounding Soonyoung now.

Seokmin knelt in front Soonyoung, and held both of his hands. "P-Please talk to us, Soon. We can't save Jihoon if you won't speak up," he begged.

Soonyoung shook his head. "R-Restaurant," he whispered, "he was in a restaurant with someone."

Yeji looked at them, seeing the four boys exchanging gazes. "I-Is Ji. . . cheating on my brother?"

"No," Soonyoung whispered. "J-Jihoon wasn't happy to see him. H-He was anxious."