Chapter |33| A Fall

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I'm fine. Sorry, I'm just a little on edge."

"Aren't we all?" He laughed quietly, the sound like music to my ears and I smiled at the sound.

"I'm going to pick Ivy tonight. Are you okay with that?" He eyed me cautiously, watching my every move.

Like he wanted me to be jealous? Wanted me to demand he pick me, but no. I wasn't going to react, I wanted to win fairly. He could pick whoever he liked.

"Of course, you don't need to ask my permission. It's a competition, your choice." I stated the facts clearly, I wasn't going to beg.

"How could I forget?" He muttered, and then the awkward silence set in.

"Anyways, I better get going enjoy your workout." He offered me a small smile, before leaving the room. Then it hit me.

We were completely alone, with full privacy. He normally had to drag me into a closet to get that but he didn't now. We could do whatever we wanted, yet he didn't try anything.

He didn't shower me with flirtatious comments like usual, he didn't hint at suggestive things, he didn't try to hug or kiss or even touch me in anyway.

That whole conversation was weird too. We were never like that.

Our conversations usually flowed, and they're filled with witty and smart banter. We thrived off challenging each other, flirting and having fun. Yet right then, there was nothing.

I felt like I was talking to an old neighbour I just happened to bump into.

Is it the throwing up? Does he notice? Do I smell weird? Do I look fatter, skinnier? Does he not like me anymore? Why did he choose Rory again? He could have chosen me again, we've all been on a date with him? Why did he kiss Astrid and Rory? Why has still not admitted it to me?

"Uh, get over yourself. He's a Prince, he can do whatever he goddamn wants to do Arabella." I mumbled angry at myself for getting so worked up.

Even angrier that I looked the same except my skin was paler, there were heavier bags under my eyes and my temper was always on the edge.

Screw this.

Storming back up to my room, I walked straight to the bathroom and stuck my fingers down my throat. I gagged and writhing seconds I was retching up water and bread. I went for it a second time, before cleaning up and splashing my face with cold water.

I walked back out and Flo was already in my room, probably prepping for tonight. She paused when she looked up, her eyes scrutinising my appearance and then she stepped a little closer.

"You look different." That was all she said.

"Good different, or bad different." I prayed for good. This whole thing had to be for something.

"Hmm, I'm leaning more towards bad Ari. What's going on? You look...pale, sick, super frail and skinny." Hope filled my eyes at that word.

Skinny, I finally achieved my goal. Now was the hard part, maintaining it.

I left the room with a smile and went on my run. When I finished, my headache was even worse than earlier. I chucked down a couple of painkiller and chugged them down with a bottle of water, before stepping into the shower.