Chapter 1

Copyrights 2013 © Elena Sgro

all rights reserved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting out of bed was getting harder and harder, especially because my schedule was nocturnal. There was no longer any warm body hugging mine and making it harder to get out of bed. No hungry cries in the middle of the night or early morning that I felt compelled to take care of. It was just and empty cold bed that was silent morning and night.

My heart ached slightly but I blocked it out before it got to drastic. I couldn't ponder on the past it hurt to much and I wanted to over come it. I needed to be stronger.

Getting out of bed I stretched and started to get myself ready for my hunt.

I went over to my ceiling to floor length mirror in my dingy apartment room and locked myself over.

My violet eyes were tired and dull as I looked back at myself in the mirror, I didn't look different but I was different, I was hollo now and dull which actually helped with my little job I had going on because I didn't feel any remorse for my victims. It was cruel to not have any sympathy of remorse but if I did, I wouldn't be able to do my job or feed for that matter.

I ran my hand over my tired eyes wiping the sleep away and turned my back slightly to look at my tattoo of the back of my shoulder.

Leon 17/03/13-25/03/13

I ran my fingers over the intricate cursive writing, tears pricked my eyes but I didn't let them fall. I ran my hand over the tattoo just as Leon's face flashed through my mind and made my heart ache.

Six months and the pain is still as unbearable as it was that horrible night. Six months and every day I see his beautiful in my mind that was so much like his fathers. The same eyes, same hair the only think he had gotten from me was his nose, everything else was Xavier. Six months and I was still having terrible nightmares of the night. I even screamed at night or woke up with a wet pillows because I had cried so much. I was broken, I knew that and there wasn't any fixing me.

I took in a shaky breath and clasped the long chain that hung around my neck, at the end of the chain hung my engagement ring that Xavier had given me. The blue zircon sparkled and I held it tight in my hand. I couldn't move on and deep down inside I didn't want to.

At the start walking away form Xavier wasn't easy the last bit of my heart that he held shattered and I felt lost, I wouldn't even feed, I just felt numb. When Staten found me I was dying because I refused to feed on any one else but Xavier and seeing as he wasn't around I couldn't feed off him. Staten had brought me human blood and had force fed it to me but after my allergic reaction to it, I had to explain I needed vampire blood and he got a vampire for me.

I didn't want to drink the blood at first but once Staten cut the vampires throat I couldn't resist I just had to sink my fangs in. The blood was so sweet but it was nothing compared to Xavier's. My body almost resisted the blood but then it got used to it. I had to shut out the pain I felt it literally hurt after, it was so bad that I couldn't breath, but after a while my hunger took over and my body realized I needed blood to survive.

I sighed heavily as my eyes traveled to the mark on my neck.

Xavier's mark.

Just at the thought of him it throbbed. I missed him so much but I had to push it away so that I could breath.

I closed my eyes and took in a few deep breaths to calm myself, I couldn't let myself dwell on the past. If I did I wouldn't be so sucked into it that I wouldn't be able to get out. I had to keep going on with my life and fight for the one thing I wanted most.