Chapter 3

Copyrights 2013 © Elena Sgro

all rights reserved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pulled up to my unit Staten's words running over and over in my head as I killed the engine in my driveway.

Bad news I think the hunters have caught onto you.

I had never had to deal with hunters but now I was defiantly sure that someone was spying on me when I was in the park finishing off my victim and it wasn't any ordinary human, it had to have been a hunter.

My skin crawled at the thought of a hunter watching me. Over the past year and a half these hunters had brought me nothing but pain and were somehow working for the one creature they despised the most. It just didn't make any sense to me.

I ripped off my leather choker that was around my throat my mark aching as memories flashed through my mind.

The only reason I wore the stupid peace of leather around my neck was so my targets didn't see my mating mark and it hid the bonding scent of Xavier, it was easier to seduce them if I had to, because if I didn't wear it males vampires would run in different directions because of the distinct mark. It was a warning for them to back off because I was mated.

Hopping off my bike I took my helmet and keys with me and pressed the garage remote to open the door before wheeling my baby in side. I looked around as I closed the garage door behind me locking it and then headed for my front door.

My sense heightened and scanned everything making sure to keep an eye out for any hunters. I couldn't have them knowing where I lived it would ruin everything I had going and I would be hunted down by them.

I unlocked the front door and turned of the alarm for my security system. I sighing to myself I ran a hand through my hair and noticed how greasy it was. Stripping off my leather jacket, leaving me in my tight leather pants and small tank-top. I threw it on one of the dinning chairs as I past it from the hallway and headed to the kitchen feeling a bit peckish.

I didn't usually eat but sometimes after a feed I wanted some real for to compensate the blood. I could still eat and I occasionally got hungry as a vampire and sometimes I just ate out of habit.

Opening up the my cupboard it was quite spars in here the same with the fridge, but still my kitchen still had enough for me to make a decent meal or and amazing sandwich. I went for the sandwich.

Just as I was about to take a bite into my chicken B.L.T the door bell rang. My body tensed and my fangs extended as I pondered on who it could be. 

It couldn't have been Staten because he had the key to my unit and always let himself in like I did with his place and it couldn't be anyone one of Xavier's family members or anyone from my past life because they had no idea where I was.

Opening my senses I put my plate down on the counter and cautiously made my way to the door.

Peeping through the peep whole, I saw it was my obnoxious neighbor that always played the music to loud. His shaggy blonde hair was ruffled and his eyes shone with mischief which made him look more rugged but his looks were nothing compared to Xavier.

I turned to the mirror on the wall by the door and checked my eyes, they were slightly glowing violet and the sight of my stupid neighbor made them glow brighter but I had to push it back down and hold in my anger and will my fangs to retract.

Taking in a deep breath I swallowed my anger and flung the door open catching him slightly off guard.

His eyes scanned my body and I felt my skin crawl in disgust that his eyes were practically taking my clothes off my body and I felt so exposed but I didn't let it show because I couldn't let him see any weakness in me.