Chapter 41

Copyrights 2013 © Elena Sgro 

All Rights Reserved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three days later

The wind whipped around, barreling through the trees of the forest. The wind caught my hair throwing to around furiously but I didn’t bother trying to tame it I just continued walking trying to make sense of how to get back to the cave. 

Confusion swarmed me as I tried to heightened my senses making it easier for myself to navigate my way around but I couldn’t. It was dark and I relied so much on my sight but it was nothing more than that of a humans. I could barely see ten feet in from of me as the trees blocked out the moon. My night down clung to my body as the wind pushed against me making me shiver at the intensity. 

I wondered around, the small hairs on my body rising as I felt someone watching me. Breathing in slowly I tried to calm myself as I stepped over a large log. Shivers ran down my spine as I felt someone close by. I didn’t like this, being in the woods alone with plain human sense it made me feel weak and scared. 

The wind blew violently blowing my hair all around my face. Turning around I caught the flash of red eyes before the disappeared into the darkness. My stomach twisted in knots I knew those eyes to well and it took everything in me not to lay a protective hand over my stomach so I would ogive away that I was pregnant.

Luca was here, my body shivered in unwelcome tingles as I tried to heighten my sense to get a location on him.

He was toying with me like he always did and it infuriated me. 

“I’m coming for you” his voice hissed in the breeze of the violent wind.

My body went rigid as his voice reached me it felt like he was inside my head and I loathed it.

“You won’t live for much longer Selena” his voice hissed again, his voice was like a rattle snake warning me away but I couldn’t move. Not matter how much I tried I had no control over me body, I couldn’t even move my finger and it was because Luca was in control of me.

I struggled as I tried to break free but I couldn’t move, I wanted to scream out in frustration but nothing was happening.

“I’ll see you soon Selena” was the last thing I heard from him before a force pushed me down to the ground and I gasped for air.

My heart thudded in my chest as I gasped for breath and sat up in bed. Xavier stirred in his sleep on his side of the bed, but didn’t wake as he turned over his back to me. I huffed and rolled my eyes at him but laying back down I stared up at the ceiling. Xavier shifted in bed his body turning back over to me as he cuddled into my side and wrapped his arm around me waist, burring his head in the crook of my crevice of my neck and shoulder and kissing my skin.