Chapter 26

Copyrights 2013 © Elena Sgro

all rights reserved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cold grass cushioned my feet as I stood in the woods, my heart pounded with excitement as fog surrounded me.

"Xavier" I called out happily, everything that had happened in the past few hours vanished as I found my mate appear out from behind the trees. I couldn't help the beaming smile that appeared on my face, my whole body lit up, everything that had happened with Luca disappeared all that matter was that I had Xavier with me, even if it was only in a dream.

His eyes took me in lust and love taking over as he smirked at me and opened his arms wide for me. I ran and flung myself into his arms his warmth surrounding me his scent intoxicating me his touch sending sparks all over my body and nothing else mattered I was in his arms and that was all I wanted.

"I spent every second sleeping and awake hoping you would be okay. That I would see you tonight" he breathed into my hair.

I sucked in a deep breath and buried my head into his chest. My heart ached and hearing that he had been so worried about me.

"I'm here" I said softly and tightened my grip on his my hands curling into his shirt at the nape of his neck. "I missed you so much"

"I missed you too so much, I couldn't sleep after I left you" he said as he pulled back and looked into my eyes.

"Neither could I" I said as tears brimmed my eyes.

"Shh" he cooed as he brought me closer and kissed my forehead, my skin tingled and I calmed down breathing in his scent to help me calm down further.

"Come and sit" he murmured against my forehead before he picked me up and held me against his chest making me squeak a little.

A white bench with seat cushions appeared and Xavier sat down arraigning me so I straddled his lap. I leaned my forehead against his and stared into his eyes. He looked at me with such love that I couldn't help but smile.

Xavier sighed and I frowned as I saw worry enter his eyes. "Has he fed you? Looked after you?" he grumbled.

"Food but no blood. I have to be careful around him, he had a spell on me before and when you came last night it broke so I have to pretend I'm still under the spell. I cut it so close today Xavier. My cravings to over and I bit him" I admitted softly.

A low growl erupted from Xavier's chest making me shiver.

"Be careful and don't do that again do you understand me?" he said sternly as he looked up into my eyes letting me know he was serious.

I nodded quickly and wound my fingers into the neckline of his t-shirt. He nodded and cupped the back of me head bring my face closer to his so he could kiss my lips before placing me head in the crook of his neck. I sighed heavily and rested against him, taking in his warmth and enjoying his body against mine. I had ached for his touch during the day and I was just happy to have him here.

"Holland's wife Karsha is here. I feel so helpless that I can't get her out Xavier, I'm too weak and I don't know how to fight Luca. His blood was like poison I couldn't stop gaging and it burnt" I said softly into his neck.

He growled and his hold around me tightened. "Be careful around Karsha we can't trust her she's been with Luca for too long"

I nodded as tears welled up in my eyes again. I knew what he was saying was true I couldn't completely trust Karsha but I wanted to. She was so sweet and I could tell she hated Luca.