Chapter 40

Copyrights 2013 © Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was woken from my deep sleep when I felt the bed jostle a little. My high senses alert and ready to attack the intruder, when a scent invaded my nostrils making my heart melt and my mouth water. It was the most loveliest scent I had ever smelt in my life and it belonged to one person and one person only.

Xavier.

I groaned my body aching and my head pounding from the training, but Xavier's warmth and closeness helped dim that down a little.

"Baby?" Xavier asked. His voice was worried and I could feel him leaning over me but I didn't bother to open my eyes I was too tired.

"Hmm?" I sighed in response.

"What's wrong babe?" he cooed softly his minty fresh breath fanning my face and my lip tugged at the edges a bit.

"I'm sore and tired, my back is killing me" I sighed again. Trying to snuggle deeper into the bed.

I didn't even have to open my eyes to know he was frowning down at me, somehow I could just feel it.

"Looks like Holland's been over working you, why don't you lie on your stomach" he murmured before kissing my forehead and going to pull away.

"Can't" I mumbled without thinking. Xavier stopped his body still hovering over me and my body stiffened as I realized what I had just done. I had just unintentionally implied that I couldn't lay on my stomach all because I was exhausted. Whether Xavier realized why or not I wasn't sure but I couldn't let him question me about it, I would crack under the pressure, especially seeing as he was right next to me.

"Baby look at me" he murmured, his voice was slightly gruff and worried but I didn't hear any anger in there at all like I feared I would.

I opened my eyes slowly and reached up wiping the sleep away. My eyes locked with his and I felt my inside fill with warmth. I had missed his beautiful eyes so much over the last two weeks and now that I was gazing into them I wanted to get lost in them forever, the only problem was that I was lying to Xavier's face now and I knew sooner or later those beautiful blue-grey eyes would become cunning and coax out my little secret, I had to be careful now, with when I told him and how I went about it. I knew for a fact that when Xavier finds out I'm pregnant there is no way in hell he will let me train of fight Luca.

"I love you" he murmured a light adoring smile on his lips as he leaned over me more, our eyes still locked on each other, our lips only a mere centimeter away.

"I love you too" I whispered as he close the small distance between our lips and kissed me.

The kiss soon grew heated but Xavier cut is short making me whimper. He chuckled and I glared at him when I opened my eyes.