Chapter 33

Copyright 2013 © Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last two days had been torture, my body ached with hunger and I refused to be near anyone and forced Xavier to lock me in a room with a heavily enforced door that I couldn't escape and attack anyone. Xavier was furious that I wouldn't let him help me but he also went along with what I said, especially after what happened when I regained consciousness after passing out in his arms from my hunger.

-Flashback-

I moaned as I heard voices bickering above me. My head pounded, my muscles aching and my gum swollen with hunger. My skin prickled as my body heated up the hunger slowly grew. My breathing turned ragged as the sweet scents around me rushed in invading my lungs.

"We have to move her" said a soft voice.

My ears perked up at the feminine voice, my brain slowly churning and recognizing it as Cira.

My gums ached with need at the sound of her closeness and my finger twitched with urgency to reach out and grab her.

Drink. The voice hissed at me.

"No" I let out a gruntled groan trying to push the voice away.

This was Cira I couldn't feed off her she was a sister to me and Cole would kill me if I tried to feed off of her.

"I will move her, no one touch her" growled a voice.

My heart sung at the voice. Xavier.

I felt my body being picked up, strong arm wrapping around him and holding me close to a hard warm chest that I knew so well. I snuggled into the warm chest of my mate inhaling his intoxicating scent.

"Xavier" I moaned as my gums throbbed, I gritted my teeth trying to hold back my fangs from retracting.

"Shh" he cooed to me as he kissed my forehead.

Drink! The voice hissed louder in my head.

"No" I whined as I struggled in his arms. I couldn't do this I had to get away from them. They wouldn't be safe if I was around them.

My eyes shot open blurry figure surrounding me and I blinked several times to clear my voice. My eyes instantly connected with Xavier's, they shone with worry and love making my heart pound and my blood rush through my body. My hunger raced and I hissed at Xavier, my fangs retracting, flashing in warning as I pushed myself out of his hold and landed on the ground.

Xavier was stunned by my actions. His eyes following my every move with caution. He held his hands out in front of him so I could see in a non-threatening manner while taking a step forward, I growled at him as I got into a crouch.

Taking in a deep breath scent invaded my senses, my body shook with need for blood.

DRINK!!! The voice hissed at me again.

It was like I had lost all control and something in me had snapped I couldn't hold it back any longer I needed blood.

A feral roar ripped through my chest as I by past Xavier and launched myself at Cira.

Another growl erupted just before I could reach her and I was pinned to the ground by Cole.

I growled and hissed at him as I tried to get free, he had diverted me from my prey and I couldn't deal with that.