Chapter 37

Copyrights 2013 © Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I nodded and Staten sighed in relief before he stepped aside and ushered me out of Cira's bathroom. I followed him out of the bedroom and down the hallway. My brow furrowed in confusion as we continued until we stopped at a door. I hadn't been down this part of the hide ou before, I I was nervous about being alone with Staten in this area, but I followed him anyway.

Deep down I felt that he deserved to talk, and I also needed to set thing straight with him. He opened the door for me indicating that he wanted me to go through first and I reluctantly went hoping this wasn't some sort of trap. Staten was my friend but before his and Xavier's fight felt like that had changed and he was acting so strange that I felt he was very unpredictable at this moment so I had to be cautious of him. Instinctively my hand went to my stomach. The need to protect my potential child – seeing as I hadn't taken the pregnancy test, so there was no way to know for sure if I was actually pregnant or if I had just made myself so upset that I threw up – was burned into my brain since I had carried little Leon within me.

I gasped as I stepped through the doorway to find a lavished garden. There was a sky light in the ceiling to let in the sun during the day so the plants could grow but right now it highlighted the beautiful night sky with its twinkling stars.

Fresh midnight blooming roses invaded my senses as well the pungent scent of tomatoes and other vegetables and fruits. It was a green house and it was absolutely beautiful and so peaceful.

"You're pregnant" Staten said.

I whirled around to face him, his face contorted in pain and anguish as he shut the door behind him.

"I told we I'm not sure yet" I stated to him.

Looked down at the ground his shoulder's hunched forward in sadness. "The way you hold your belly says it all Lena" he said as he gestured to my hand that was still protectively around my flat stomach.

"I-" I was about to tell him  he was wrong when he cut me off.

"Its a female instinct Lena, you don't need a test to be certain. When a female starts to feel threatened and places a protective hand over her stomach that is carrying a child that is all the indication a male needs. Its in your nature, you will become protective of you child, I'm sure you where the same with Leon" he hissed, venom slightly in his voice his eyes glaring at the ground beneath my feet and it angered me that he would say all him assumptions to the ground instead of my face. Tears threatened to fall from my eyes at the mention of Leon's name and it angered me more that he could make me cry and that I knew he was right.

"What does this have to do with anything?!" I spat at him. If he wanted to talk he could talk but not about my uncertain pregnancy. I didn't want to hear about that from him, I wanted peace of mind, I didn't want my brian to whirl around with thoughts of what if's, I needed to stay focused. A war was rising and Luca would show no mercy I had to be ready to fight and I couldn't do that if I was to worried about a possible child.