Chapter 19

Copyrights 2013 © Elena Sgro

all rights reserved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How are you feeling?" I asked Xavier as he sat up slowly in bed.

After letting the wound heal in the tomb we had all gone back to Staten's place which was basically now our home since it wasn't safe anywhere else, and the hunters hadn't figured out we were here.

Xavier's complexion had returned back to normal his wound had held and the outside was replaced with nothing but his smooth warm skin. He was looking healthier not a trace of near death marked him and it had my heart soaring with happiness.

Xavier smirked at me caressed my cheek. His touch sent tingles through me as I leaned into his hand. After not being with him for so long I instantly melted as touch and completely forgot everything and being completely consumed by his touch.

Never had I thought that one touch from Xavier would hold so much power over me but after our time away from each other due to my selfishness I understood just how much I needed him.

"I'm fine. I feel like I could lift a tree out of the ground" he chuckled.

I gave him a weak humors smile but knew to some extent that he wasn't kidding. He actually was strong enough to lift a big tree out of the ground.

"It all feels like a dream" he murmured.

We hadn't talked about what he said back in the tomb when he thought he was dead or about what Staten said but I knew Xavier remember something because he refused to talk to Staten and kept giving him murderous looks.

"Its not you're still here babe" I whispered to him.

I leaned forward his sweet breath fanned my face sending shivers of delight through my body. He kissed my lips softly his hand reaching up and his fingers tangling in my hair. His kiss was slow like he was taking his time and making sure that I was real. Like a part of him still didn't believe that I was right here with him, right in front of him, kissing him.

"Now I know you are real. Now I know you are mine and not just a segment of my imagination" he murmured against my lips before he pulled away.

"I'm right here, forever and always" I breathed as I tried to regain my composure from his kiss.

I laid back down on the bed and pulled me with him his arms encircling my waist. I laid down leaning my head on his shoulder and being careful of his chest. I knew the wound had healed but that didn't mean I wanted to risk hurting him. He said he was fine but I wasn't sure if the wound was still tender and sore or not.

We laid there in each others arms for a few minutes, my hand running soft circles over his shirt as my thoughts raced through my mind playing over everything that had happened in the last 24 hours.