Chapter 34

Copyrights 2013 © Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her mouth widened as she beamed at me. I had never called her mamma before, even though she had told me that I could several times. Before I didn't because it hurt to call someone else that after loosing my mum, but seeing Maria now, something just clicked and it felt right, because she was a mother to me. The only change was that her brown hair was longer, her golden eyes shone brightly as her gaze swept over me taking me in.

"You called me mumma" she breathed, he voice wobbly with tears but I knew it was happy tears.

I nodded slowly as sat up, Xavier arms reluctantly let me go as I went to get off the bed.

"I'll give you to some space" he murmured before kissing my forehead and heading for the door kissing Maria's cheek on the way.

My body instantly stiffened at the fought of Maria's safety and the though of her being left in her alone with me. I swallowed thickly and too in some deep breaths. Maria's scent invaded my lungs but he need for blood was long gone, thanks to Xavier. The urge to drain her didn't arise and I was thankful for that. The struggle to control my thirst was no longer an issue, so I didn't worry for Maria's safety around me right now which caused me to relax.

When Xavier shut the door behind Maria stepped forward with her arms out to me as I got up and rushed into her wrapped my arms around and feeling her comforting touch. Her warm embrace brought tears to my eyes, the memory of my mother hugging me just like this was so painful that I started to sob into her shoulder.

"Shhh, its okay baby girl. Its okay" she cooed as she stroked my hair.

I sobbed hard as she comforted me. I couldn't hold it in any longer. I knew deep down inside of me I had craved some sort of motherly attention. I had deprived myself from Maria's affection before because I didn't want the heart when really she was the only thing that could even try to resemble my mother and I had denied her of that as well. I was selfish to do that to her, I cried even harder my body racked with tears and I shook against Maria as her arms tightened around me.

"I know baby, I know" she whispered in my hair as we both sank to the ground and she cradled me in her lap.

Everything feeling I had ever had about my parents death bled into me, escaping through my tears as I muffled wail escaped me. My heart felt like it was taring from the pain, of the lose. I had grieved for so long but never like this and never in Maria's arms.

"I'm so sorry" I sobbed.

She pulled me away from her slightly her soft delicate hands brushing away the hair from my face and whipping away my dreadful tears. Her sad eyes bore into mine with unshed tears.

"Why sweetheart you have nothing to be sorry for" she said softly, her voice wobbling slightly.

"Yes. I. Do. I-" I said inbetween sobs until my voice broke off and I had to stop so I could breathe properly.

Maria didn't say thing the whole time I tried to regain my composure. All she did was run her fingers through my hair in a comforting matter and rub my back, like she knew I needed it.

"I pushed you away, deprived you of being the mother I needed" I said softly when I was able to talk again.

I cast my eyes down not being able to meet her gaze. I was scared that she would realize I was right and push me away, that she wouldn't any longer want to be was I so secretly and desperately craved from her. That she would be disgusted with me. The thought hurt even more, knowing I would be loosing a mother for a second time.