chapter 41< Little setbacks.

Those we trust may end up failing us or disappointing us. It's hard to move on from that but most importantly it doesn't define us being able to trust again. Little setbacks shouldn't be enough for us to give up totally.

Lia's POV.

"You're awake!"
I heard someone say faintly.

"Where am i?"
I asked the lady in green scrubs.

"I have to call the doctor immediately. Don't move please."
She said and it all came together she is a nurse and I'm in an hospital.

    The last thing i remember is feeling a very sharp pain in my head and hearing some sort of unclear conversations before it all turned dark and it's been very dark since until i that very same flashes.

"How long was i out?"
I asked the doctor who had now arrived and started disconnecting me from so many tubes and wires after asking me if i was okay a trillion times.

"Roughly nine months"
He replied and i was in awe.

"Nine what?!"
I yelled in disbelief.

"Yes. You're very lucky indeed. You suffered a really large blow its a miracle you're awake now without amnesia or any brain damage"
He replied me.

   I immediately thought of sanè, my mom, melanie, Van and my family. I wonder how they have been holding up for nine months thinking i was either dead or between life and death. I wondered where i was now in sanè's life. Was i still his wife and the love of his life or has he moved on? I also wondered how many things had happened while i was in coma.

"Uhm did anyone visit me while i was out?"
I asked.

"Yes. Your family visited you often and don't even get me started on your husband, he came here everyday and even did our jobs for us. Look over there! That's his work station"
She replied and suddenly this wave of happiness hit me.

  He never for once stopped loving me or visting me for nine months and most importantly he still loves me.

"Uhm is he-"

"Don't worry the hospital has informed him. He'll be here soon"
She said.

"I have to go now"
She smiled before walking out the door.

*******************************************

       Hours went by and i wondered why sanè hasn't come to see me or visit me yet. The hospital has obviously let him know that i had woken up and if he missed me as much the nurse here said he did he should be here already. 
   A lot of wierd questions kept crossing my mind as the time went by and i couldn't do this anymore. So i got up got rid of all the IVs  and just left the hospital. My head hurt like crazy and every thing i saw looked fuzy but i just needed to see sanè.
    I finally made it to our house and anxiety suddenly hit me. I was afraid of what i was going to meet and how much things had changed. I rang the doorbell and i saw the least person i was expecting to see.

"Melissa? What are you doing here"
I asked her as i ran my eyes through her entire body.

She was wearing a nightware so comfortable you'd think this was her house.

"I should be asking you that annelia?"
She replied.

   I wondered where this melissa came from. I mean before i was hit on the head she was really nice and calm around me and now my head is throbbing and she's all hostile and bossy.

"Melissa are you okay?"
I asked out of curiousity.

"Look leave here right now!"
She raised her voice trying to intimidate me.